Joe Boyd 20.10.2007 Frankfurt Mousonturm Studiobühne

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
akai
Embryo
Embryo

Joe Boyd 20.10.2007 Frankfurt Mousonturm Studiobühne

Post by akai »

Hi Folks,

I was at a Joe Boyd book release evening recently in Frankfurt, where he gave reminder to Peter Jenner who turned Syd on to the song "My Little Red Book" of Elektra Records Label US band Love of their simply first entitled album "Love". The intro hookline of "Interstellar Overdrive" was a more excessive adoption of the intro hookline of "My Little Red Book".

The evening was accompanied by Geoff Muldaur (playing inbetween certain book presentation blocks) and a german speaking lector of Kunstmann Verlag (Munich).

It was a nice opportunity to encounter Joe Boyd personally as one of the world's far travelled producers who has still such an impact these days...

Thanks for Joe Boyd signing my 40th Anniversary "Piper..." booklet behind "Arnold Layne" and also the english (paperback) and german (hardcover) book releases at this opportunity.

If anyone else has joined a Joe Boyd book presentation please let me know how it was for you.

Akai
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Joe Boyd 20.10.2007 Frankfurt Mousonturm Studiobühne

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have been reading his White Bicycle book. Very good stuff. Do you happen to have a list of places he will be stopping off on his promotional book tour?