US elections

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: US elections

Post by flashback »

I have been wanting to post about the use of the term redneck.The term comes from what is called The Battle of Blair Mountain.It was a fight between union coal miners and company and crooked elacted people as well as hired guns.The union men wore a red bandana around the neck so the would know who was on thier side.This was the only time in USA history the the goverment bombed it's own people.The term has been highjacked to mean any ignorant backwords person.This is a slap in the face to all those that fought for thier rights to unionize.

As for the elections,I think there should always be a box you could check that was marked 'none of the above'.If there was I bet people would be surprized how many politicians got beat by 'none of the above'. :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

That's why I exercised my right to write in my own candidates in the last election.

I voted for George Carline for Pres and Dennis Miller for Veep.

I suggest more people do the same.

What better message to send than "Hey, if you're going to give us comedians, let's make sure they're at least KINDA funny from time to time."
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Post by omnicron »

the elections in the USA are not real anymore, they are rigged. the person with the most votes does not win, see the last 2 elections.
the electoral college has full say over who becomes president.
the peoples vote is only a popular vote and the EC can choose someone else. this has happened several times in the US history.

i think none of the above would be a fitting option, however i think nono of the above would win more often then not.

you want to see just how much the peoples vote counts? look at the marijuanna reform laws that Denver passed by legal and popular vote, and the US gov. stepped in and said that the vote did not matter.
the fact that over 60% of the residents of denver voted for something did not matter.
the basic fact is YOUR VOTE DOES NOT MATTER.
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

so, american bros, tell us about the today's super tuesday.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

cRaB wrote:so, american bros, tell us about the today's super tuesday.
Well, it appears that McCain will be the Republican party's nominee, though Romney has not conceded yet. Billary and Obama are still too close in the number of delegates to make a determination at this point.
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

Me thinks Ron Paul needs to run as an Independent if he wants to win the entire election.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

so who's gonna be McCains veep candidate? or the rest of his cabinet for that matter?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

See the first page of this thread. Little old moi had a feeling McCain would do very well. He could still be prez.

Not that I have a preference for anybody in the whitehouse except maybe Ralph Nader. :lol:
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

nosaj wrote:See the first page of this thread. Little old moi had a feeling McCain would do very well. He could still be prez.

Not that I have a preference for anybody in the whitehouse except maybe Ralph Nader. :lol:
Nader is personally responsible for the appointment of Bush into the White House by the Supreme Court in 2000.

For that, may he rot in hell.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

fatoldbob wrote:
nosaj wrote:See the first page of this thread. Little old moi had a feeling McCain would do very well. He could still be prez.

Nader is personally responsible for the appointment of Bush into the White House by the Supreme Court in 2000.

:lol:
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

fatoldbob wrote: Nader is personally responsible for the appointment of Bush into the White House by the Supreme Court in 2000.

Well said! I couldn't agree more.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

How can it be Nader's fault? Don't you vote for who you want to win? Clearly more people wanted Bush to win.

So, do you vote according to who you don't want to win? :?
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

clearly more members of the federal supreme court wanted bush to win
the popular vote said something different
(including in florida when they finally counted all the votes a year later)

what I remember during that campaign was pundits claiming Gore and Bush were interchangeable
Gush and Bore one irresponsible columnist kept putting it
and Nader was quoted as saying "maybe things will have to get worse before they get better" in regards to Gores pro-environmental creds
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

nosaj wrote:How can it be Nader's fault? Don't you vote for who you want to win? Clearly more people wanted Bush to win.

So, do you vote according to who you don't want to win? :?
If only 1000 of the 97000 people who voted for Nader in Florida had voted for Gore in 2000, recent history would have been very different.

Imagine the how much world-wide good will the US would still have.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

fatoldbob wrote:Imagine the how much world-wide good will the US would still have.
Do you really know that Bob? How can anyone predict what would have happened over the previous 7 years if Gore had been elected President? We might be currently in better stead worldwide in terms of foreign policy, but we could also be in a much worse position.