Cats.

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Cats.

Post by Beowulf »

Probably just tastes like chicken anyway
mandy35353535353
Knife
Knife

Post by mandy35353535353 »

I've been wanting a pet mouse, only I fear Toast will eat the poor darling.
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Post by omnicron »

cat actually tastes very good. like chicken... why does everything taste like chicken?
a little sweet and sour sauce and a kitty... damn good meal there.
Last edited by omnicron on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

omnicron wrote:cat actually tastes very good. like chicken... why does everything taste like chicken?
It all depends on your perspective I would think ... I'd always assumed that it was because chicken was pretty bland and that it was the texture that we were actually 'tasting'
Yownas
Blade
Blade

Post by Yownas »

Just have to chare a little story about what happend this weekend.

Ozzy, one of our cats managed to get a piece of plastic stuck in his mouth. Now, this wouldn't be such a big deal if Ozzy was a tiny little kitten that you could hold and then help. But, no, Ozzy is a BIG cat. Not fat, just big and strong. He even managed to break our cheap cat-door once when we had it locked because he wanted to go out. He have also had a rather tough life before he came to us so is on his guard most of the time and won't hesitate to bite or scratch if he feels cornered.

Ok, so we had one very annoyed cat rolling around on the floor trying to claw/cough up the plastic that was lodged between his teeth. Had to roll him up in a carpet use some mild force to wrestle him down and then carfully use a pasta tong and get the piece out of his mouth.

Never been so scared in my whole life. But it went ok and I'm still alive and well. :) Ozzy was a bit angry but I bribed him with a a piece of chicken and a long nice cuddle. So now we are friends again.
orange floyd
Judge!
Judge!

Post by orange floyd »

caught my cat eating ribbon and had to pull it out of her mouth, only she was swallowing it as she ate it, i pulled like a foot long piece from down her throat. unless we hide it well she eats it. what a retard. weve even found it in the litterbox. yuck.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

That is the thing about cats..they can scare the hell out of you. I was minding my own business yesterday when I heard growls and screeching coming from the bathroom. I found my cat Penny on top of a cabinet, Leo poised beneath her on the toilet-lid, Nicholas on the floor, and Babette (who had started it all) watching with rapt attention from the door. They were all ready to murder each other for no apparent reason. That is so frightening to me because I was badly bitten long ago by my enraged cat and I don't wish to repeat the experience. They all live to torture Penny because she is an "outside" cat in the summer and now that we are trapped in the house it's the new sport. I picked up a glass of water that was sitting nearby and told them in no uncertain terms that they were going to feel my wrath and they all un-puffed and backed down.

Never a dull moment with cats, that's for sure. And whatever you do, NEVER pick up a pissed-off cat. Yownas did the right thing, wrap them up like a mummy and then tell them what a pain they are.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Ok folks....what's the best way(s) of keeping cat hair off your clothes? Getting rid of the cat is not an option!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Get rid of the clothes.
orange floyd
Judge!
Judge!

Post by orange floyd »

Do you have one of those masking-tape lint rollers, or that red felt brush? Those are pretty good for removing the hair. Depending on the material, you can always just put the clothes to 'fluff' in the dryer for 10 minutes. Personally, i dont pick up a cat if im wearing something i want to keep hairless. I put my clothes out of reach; i hang everything in a cupboard or on a clothes tree. There remains, however, the eternal hairs that float around and get stuck onto everything. I think the atmosphere of my home has a significant percentage of cat hair content.
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

If you don't like cat hair, your best bet is to get a cat like Mr Bigglesworth. Completely bold. :lol:
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Shaved pussy. 8)
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

Hudini wrote:Shaved pussy. 8)
That's right. I like shaving pussy.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

orange floyd wrote:Do you have one of those masking-tape lint rollers, or that red felt brush? Those are pretty good for removing the hair. Depending on the material, you can always just put the clothes to 'fluff' in the dryer for 10 minutes. Personally, i dont pick up a cat if im wearing something i want to keep hairless. I put my clothes out of reach; i hang everything in a cupboard or on a clothes tree. There remains, however, the eternal hairs that float around and get stuck onto everything. I think the atmosphere of my home has a significant percentage of cat hair content.
Cool. Good advice. My cat is orange coloured orange floyd! The hair really shows on my dark clothes. Maybe I'll buy some lighter coloured clothes, too.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

Use a wet cloth. Or a wet hand. If you do that, the hair will roll up into little manageable bunches and you can pick it off in clumps. Better than tape.

Cat hair clothing is also an option.

I made the mistake of leaving a turkey breast from dinner on the counter for ten (10!) minutes while I went to the other room to answer the phone. When I came in the kitchen and flipped on the light it was like a scene from Oceans 11, little trapeze devices...night vision goggles...I think I saw a welding device...they all froze and pretended to have amnesia..."wow, how did I get on the stove..what day is this"....that sort of nonsense.

One minute they are killing each other and the next they are acting in concert to pull a major turkey heist. The little criminal bastards.

They can scoop their own litter from here on out.