Cats.

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cats.

Post by snifferdog »

I don't have a cat but my dog sheds like crazy... I find that if one of those rollers isn't to hand, sellotape is good for taking dog hairs off clothes.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

justabagofatoms wrote:Use a wet cloth. Or a wet hand. If you do that, the hair will roll up into little manageable bunches and you can pick it off in clumps. Better than tape.
Cat hair clothing is also an option.
They can scoop their own litter from here on out.
The wet method. Interesting. I shall try that. Cat hair clothing? What's that? Good luck with them scooping their own litter. They'll probably just start shitting in your shoes to tell you something! :lol:
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

snifferdog wrote:I don't have a cat but my dog sheds like crazy... I find that if one of those rollers isn't to hand, sellotape is good for taking dog hairs off clothes.
There was me thinking you'd sellotaped the dog up. :lol:
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

I have started calling Babette "Thunderfoot". This is my smallest cat. She weighs all of eight pounds. And she clomps around like a herd of elephants. I think she is wearing wooden shoes and heading for the milk-shed. It's ridiculous. And my heaviest cat, Nicholas, sails arouund like a feather. Life is so frakking weird. :?
mandy35353535353
Knife
Knife

Post by mandy35353535353 »

I've got a cat, his name is Toast. And every night he scratches at my door and keeps me up all night. I should put him back on the street where I got him. But not really, I love that little pussy cat.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

I think that it is wonderful that you adopted a cat from the street and I would encourage everyone out there to do the same. If you see an animal in need of help, help it. It's as simple as that.
orange floyd
Judge!
Judge!

Post by orange floyd »

If i were to go to the SPCA, id clean the place out, so im generally not allowed to, but our latest cat was separated from its mum when it was very young and had a frightening trip until he ended up here, now hes spoiled rotten! Hes the sweetest thing in the universe though; if you rescue the cat, they know it, and theyre appreciative. Seriously, this kitty knows hes treated like a prince here while he might have been out in the freezing cold, getting pissed on by a cow or whatever :P This cat is the sweetest thing; hes never hissed or bitten or pissed on the carpet or upchucked anywhere, frankly, its a little hard to believe, but all he seems to wanna do in life is come and give me a hug.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Awww...nice kitty.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

I ruined a family reunion that people had come from all over the world to attend because I insisted that I had to rescue a cat. I made my brother climb a fence, jump across to a tree, and reach as far as he could (and he is very tall) to get a little kitten that was crying in the top. He broke his arm, everyone had to stop having dinner so they could all rush to the hospital with him, and I had plenty of left-overs to enjoy. Me and the kitten. And I brought her back to New York and now she clomps around like and elephant and gives me earaches. Was it worth it I ask?

Hell yes.

I ruined a wedding in a similar fashion before that so I don't get invited now. :D
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

How about this for a daft cat?
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Brilliant ddevil!

I had a Siamese cat that sat on top of a phone pole for two days. We were starting to worry and called the phone company and fire department to help us out and they both just laughed at us. Fortunately the cat was smart enough to come down. But then again, you don't see a lot of cat skeletons in the trees or on top of poles, so I guess we were the stupid ones for worrying in the first place.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

ddebil wrote:How about this for a daft cat?
poor kitty. because of the curvature of their claws, cats are very good at climbing up, but not down. they have to come down backwards and it's not something that they generally like to do.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I am thinking of my cat Flipper. Such a good cat. If only he didn't knock stuff of our tables. He is so cute.
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

justabagofatoms wrote:I had a Siamese cat that sat on top of a phone pole for two days.
One of the coolest cats I ever had - her name was Ruby, she was a red tabby (aka Ruby Red Lips or Rubinsky) - used to sit on a neighbour's motorcycle for hours at a time in the sun. I have pictures somewhere. She knew she was cool. Your quote above reminded me of that.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

If I were a witch (open to debate :D ) my familiar would be my cat Leonardo. I had a phone call this morning that went South very quickly and I was screaming and crying and Leo got up on the table in front of me and just started gently biting my wrist and hand, very softly.

He can't stand it when I'm upset. I guess I willl have to go to the car to scream. My point being that animals are better than people and I will always believe that.