Cats.

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Cats.

Post by justabagofatoms »

Leo is playing fetch with his fluffy ball, which we call "Stupid Baby". I will put this cat up against any dog, in fetching.
Fat Trace
Blade
Blade

Post by Fat Trace »

Yeah I like cats, got 3 of 'em
Yownas
Blade
Blade

Post by Yownas »

Fat Trace wrote:Yeah I like cats, got 3 of 'em
I have 10...Anyone here who wants a kittten?
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

My cats are all geriatric. I rescued all four of them as kittens. Watching them get old is...heartwrenching. They are all crazy, so that helps.

My dog is really old now, too. Her hips are going out. I think that if veteranarians were truly ethical, they would make and provide a home euthanasia kit for responsible pet owners. The end is traumatic enough, without a last-minute rush to the veterinary hospital or a middle of the night visit from the vet. That will never happen, but it should.

Even when you have to watch animals die, the joy they provide is worth ten times every difficult moment.
mandy35353535353
Knife
Knife

Post by mandy35353535353 »

I rescued my kitty, he is insane and creepy.

justabagofatoms, my Waffles is also nearing the end of his days, just today I found him trembling, and it's because he couldn't move to go eat something. Poor puppy, they think he has Lupus. Which of course is incredibly expensive to treat. :,(
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Wow. I'm so sorry that I didn't notice this earlier. I hope that Waffles is still with us. sniff.

Rescuing animals is the mark of a wonderful human, imho.

My cat Babette has been stomping around all day. I call her "Thunder-foot", and "Elephant-toes". She is very small, which is what makes it all the more confusing to hear the thudding of her tiny paws. She jumped in the bathtub and practically made a dent. :?
Steph22
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Steph22 »

I love cats!!! They are the greatest. Soft, cuddly little things. the best part about them is that they are not in your face 24/7 and you don't have to cage them when you go out. I have two, actually four if you count my brothers cats, which I consider mine too. :)

I have never understood the appeal of dogs, however. I'm not a dog basher or anything but theres nothing I hate more than being licked, jumped up on with muddy feet, bucket mouth being dragged across my leg, sniffing my crotch(unless it's my GF!) and barking in general.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I am the cat lady. I would have 100 cats if it were legal. I love cats much better then dogs because they are smarter then most dogs. Kittens are so cute.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

so how many do you have Princess?
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

we have two cats living in our house. They are brothers and they act like brothers. They fight all the time. :lol:
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

you should see my sisters cat and her dog curled up together - its sooo cuuute 8)
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

:lol: :lol:

Someone in work was talking today about a programme they saw on TV about a cats only veterinary practice. Seems the vet puts gooseberries onto their claws before she goes near the vicious feckers and their shreddy paws.
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

I've got 3. One of them is named Gilmour.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

I belong to a cat named Penny, I may have mentioned her before. I found her on a step, with her umbilical-cord attached, having been left there by a panicked barn cat. I fed her with a baby bottle, etc. etc. She's mad as a Hatter, and has been, even before her eyes opened she was trying to crawl up the back of the sofa. She dislikes my other cats, and stays outside in the summer as much as possible, but she comes running like a little dog when I play the harmonica. She is in love with my dog Max, which is getting embarrassing. She is nineteen years old now, and like a little feather, but she's tarting around him like Mae West. Wtf. He's completely oblivious to the fact, of course. Typical male.