Pink Floyd Themed Cold Case

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
pinky
Axe
Axe

Pink Floyd Themed Cold Case

Post by pinky »

You all might already know this but, this Sunday, the 21st (in the United States) the new episode of Cold Case will feature the music of Pink Floyd. The episode is called ‘Flashover’. Seems pretty cool to me, I'm excited. Other websites have said that although they don't know when, it will be aired on Sky 3 in the UK. The episode will include extracts of seven songs: Comfortably Numb, Hey You, Mother, Marooned, Wish You Were Here, Time and The Thin Ice. Here is the link to the preview...

http://www.cbs.com/video/video.php?/pid ... kE___RoY0j
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pink Floyd Themed Cold Case

Post by Keith Jordan »

Oh yes, I read about that in Pink Floyd's last newsletter. Interesting stuff.

We don't make much of our own TV in this country anymore, we just buy American series when they are a year out of date I think. However, Cold Case may be different. Perhaps somebody who watches it or knows about it in the UK will enlighten us as to when the Floydie one will be broadcast. 8)
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

I'll be watching that episode, overall it's not a bad series. They always have music that comes from the period of time that episode deals with.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I wonder which time period it's supposed to be set in?

All of the songs except "Marooned" are from the 1970's...but "Marooned" is from the 1990's.

Might there be a time distortion in the case?
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

The episode was based on a case in 1989. I think the producers might have thought that Pink Floyd's music was fitting to the sturggles the detective was having with his emotions as they pretained to the case. He was going through a breakdown of sorts.