Things that really DON'T annoy you?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Things that really DON'T annoy you?

Post by rememberaday »

Keith Jordan wrote:iPhones are shite. Fact.
Seconded! [-D-]

To an extent, though. I wouldn't call them shite but they don't seem to convince men that they are as great as they are made out to be.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

rememberaday wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:iPhones are shite. Fact.

men .
men? Did you mean 'me'?
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

I succumed to temptaion and got an iphone 4 today. It's only costing me £4 extra per month but it's a 2 yrs. contract which from what I've read on line they could actually put up plus despite being told the cost per month they've told me I'm paying inc. V.A.T I'll not believe it until I actually see it. My main worries are a-that I'll lose it or it'll get damaged or stolen although I'm taking steps to get insurance and b-that my benefits will be stopped* and I'll have to use some of my £800 savings to pay for it which if I've gone and lost or broke it or had it stole will be a total annoyance the blame for which I'll pin squarely on 3 for offering such tempting deals! A/w there's all kinds of little scenarios that could play out before the end of the contract inc. that I won't be paying more than I expect and it won't get lost, broke or stolen and I'll have hours and hours and hours of satisfaction and pleasure out of it in a myriad no. of ways!! There can't have been many consumer products that have made so many people as happy as the iphone has but it's the apps that have made it the phenomeon that it is.

*If my health improves this won't be a problem 'cause as soon as my health improves sufficently for me to be able to hold down a job I'll get one even if it's licking peoples toilets clean
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

My recent induction into a special religion or something by the name of Apple with it's recently deceased messiah Steve Jobs. My life has always been sustained by moving from one obsesssion to another and inbetween obsessions is when I find it hardest to maintain the will to go on persevering and Apple is an obsession I can feel more part of than most so I'm a bit happier thesedays than I have been for most of my adult life. I'm even so happy that i'm resiting the temptation to go full-throttle into battle against #TeamAndroid although I am fighting the Apple corner a bit. On an Apple forum I posted on a thread the other day in response to someone saying Apple suing Samsung and Steve Jobs 'thermonuclear' policy against Android and Google was a mistake that if that's what Steve wanted then 'we' :lol: , o.k Apple, should pursue that cause NO MATTER WHAT because that's what Steve woud have done and would want. This was all in response to the debacle over Apple's maps which is obviously a result of the smarthphone wars and Apple's dependence on Google for maps on the iphone. I'm just hoping that Apple can get Android phones sued off the shelves. That's what Steve meant when he said he was going 'thermonuclear' on it. 'We' :lol: owe it to Steve to continue the fight against this blatant rip-off phone OS.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Taking my Mac into CEX to find out what i'd get for it in pt. ex for an ipad 1 that costs £265 and finding out they'd give me £348, £2 less than I actually paid for it so I can get an ipad 2 for £305 and get a voucher for the remainder which will come in handy when/if I lose my iphone! It's being tested now so hopefully they won't shafte me on the price or find it's not in good enough nick. Also having just read the wiki for ipad 2 there's some features I took for granted on the ipad 1 that wouldn't have been there if I'd got.
I got it and today discovered how to enable split keyboar which I'm dead chuffed abut although it's still a bit to wide to hold and type comforrably!fuck knows how ApplE expect people with smaller hands to cope. I'm probabky just below axverGe size and so if I'm finding it akwraed then smaller people than me are going to find it even more frustrating!
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Waking up and finding the dog has taken a night off shitting in the porch
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Flying pig437 wrote:My recent induction into a special religion or something by the name of Apple with it's recently deceased messiah Steve Jobs. My life has always been sustained by moving from one obsesssion to another and inbetween obsessions is when I find it hardest to maintain the will to go on persevering and Apple is an obsession I can feel more part of than most so I'm a bit happier thesedays than I have been for most of my adult life. I'm even so happy that i'm resiting the temptation to go full-throttle into battle against #TeamAndroid although I am fighting the Apple corner a bit. On an Apple forum I posted on a thread the other day in response to someone saying Apple suing Samsung and Steve Jobs 'thermonuclear' policy against Android and Google was a mistake that if that's what Steve wanted then 'we' :lol: , o.k Apple, should pursue that cause NO MATTER WHAT because that's what Steve woud have done and would want. This was all in response to the debacle over Apple's maps which is obviously a result of the smarthphone wars and Apple's dependence on Google for maps on the iphone. I'm just hoping that Apple can get Android phones sued off the shelves. That's what Steve meant when he said he was going 'thermonuclear' on it. 'We' :lol: owe it to Steve to continue the fight against this blatant rip-off phone OS.
Are you delusional enough to believe people read your shit? Usually on a forum you 'take turns' at posting. I see that your social skills don't even go as far as that, given that you posted four comments in a row in different posts, three of which are about you scraping the pennies together to buy another vanity product from Apple (or a 2nd hand knacker/ripoff/copy from CEX).
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Alan wrote: Are you delusional enough to believe people read your shit? Usually on a forum you 'take turns' at posting. I see that your social skills don't even go as far as that, given that you posted four comments in a row in different posts, three of which are about you scraping the pennies together to buy another vanity product from Apple (or a 2nd hand knacker/ripoff/copy from CEX).
Well, I posted 3 comments in a row in my classical music thread. 8-[

Though, of course, they were videos which recommended music to others and not deluded senile ramblings of half-baked potatoes.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/senile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dementia
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

my breakfast. wrote: social skills .
Haven't you got some starving kids in Africa to save or something...or are you just focused on the important things in life like 'social skills'.? It's the latter isn't it? mmmhhhh! This whole social thing just baffles me at every turn!
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Your posts are worth reading though not "bawwww I'm all ill and shit so I get to be a misanthrope and you have to take it you horrible spendthrifts! There are people dieing in Africa and you cannot even begin to pretend you care for them because we are all selfish!!! I got an Iphone!!!".

Doesn't say a lot about the outlook of career cripples.

There was a time where if I had sneezed and a christian was near enough to say "bless you" I would get all indignant and shitty about it. However I've gone well past that stage, and I am indeed touched that they would do so as that is their lexicon to be using and expressing a fairly universal human constant of "I do hope you aren't suffering from some form of illness". The problem with flyingpig is he wants to paint everybody with his perverted wee brush, which is entirely his malfunction. I'm sick of being told I cannot possibly care for those around me by somebody so deeply troubled and generally full of shit.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Things that really DON'T annoy you?l

Post by Flying pig437 »

my breakfast. wrote:I'm sick of being told I cannot possibly care for those around me by somebody so deeply troubled and generally full of shit.
and I'm sick of being insulted and being disliked just cause my views about people in general encompass you too. It's not personal whereas you attack me personally. Anyway as on twitter, on other forums and on here I'm just fighting my corner. I'd love to be a lefty and hate rich people and feel that I'm a nice caring person who's got the moral authority to hate the rich like you do. I haven't and neither do you or all the people on twitter or other forums that annoy me with your 'it's all the greedy bankers talk' and slagging off the economic right wing policies I believe in. If people hate this govt for benefits cuts or privatising the N.H.S and other right-wing economic policies then they're going to hate me too. So I'm just trying to undermine your moral authority to do that by pointing out ways in which your callous and greedy too. There's enough time and money spent every year by normal everyday healthy people like you to pick up the slack from the Tory cuts but you don't want to do it. Fair enough neither do I but you can hardly go around slagging other people off for not being likeable when you don't want to give up what you like to help other people...not even kids dying at a rate of knotts in Africa.

Anyway I've got a dentist appointment Monday. Im hoping for this toothache to be got rid of...prefeably by removing all of my back teeth so maybe this latest affliction won't turn out to be as woefully abiding as the others.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

I'm fed up to the back teeth as well. Not that it annoys me, though.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Knowing I'm going to die. I woke up last night and thought about being diagnosed with some terminal diseases and just felt elated. I would litterally jump for joy and celebrate no end until I died if I suddenly found myself with some terminal disease today. It would be absfuckinglutely fantastic. No more pain! No more fuckin' pain!!!!!!!!!!!! <ii> Oh and that dentist appotinment on Monday which hopefully willl result in having the teeth taken out or capped or w/e so that the pain goes away and people like the poster above won't be able to enjoy my suffering as much as they'd like. That would really not annoy me.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

I've got an emergency dentist appointment At 1/4 to 3! <ii>
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

The dentist found a crack and did something to it while giving me an anesthetiser. It's the firsst time in days I've not had that dental pain. Very relived. Hopefully it won't come back.