Pink Floyds - Pulse

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
27%
45%
11%
8%
1 - Worst
9%

Total votes: 64

battra
Knife
Knife

Re: Pink Floyds - Pulse

Post by battra »

Related: I got the Covid Vaccine today and I'm feeling terrible.

So, I put on Pulse. I'm on side one of LP 4 right now.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

This is still probably my favourite Floyd live album, though the 2019 remix of Delicate Sound of Thunder is beginning to give it a run for its money. I was watching the 2019 version of the film last night and it was just a great time. I've been tempted before to spring for the 4LP set, but that's probably inadvisable at best - still gotta get myself through university!
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Is there much difference between the original Pulse album and the 2018 remaster any noticeable differences in the mix on any of the songs? I know One Of These Day's is included.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

azza200 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:37 pm Is there much difference between the original Pulse album and the 2018 remaster any noticeable differences in the mix on any of the songs? I know One Of These Day's is included.
I don't think so, but I can check - I think I have the 2018 CD lying around (though that wouldn't be very informative on "One of These Days" - that one isn't on any CD release due to the 80 minute limit on CDs).
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

I don't think the CD was ever remastered. The new mastering has only been released on LP and in hi-res.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

DarkSideFreak wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:03 am I don't think the CD was ever remastered. The new mastering has only been released on LP and in hi-res.
Yep, you're right, just double checked Discogs. The most recent CD re-release was 2016.
And I double checked my collection and my CD is from 1995 anyway. I just bought it super recently, hence my confusion. So never mind on all counts :lol:
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

azza200 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:37 pm Is there much difference between the original Pulse album and the 2018 remaster any noticeable differences in the mix on any of the songs? I know One Of These Day's is included.
OK I'm listening to the 2018 remaster on Spotify, and nothing notable has changed in the mixes really - not to my ear anyway. Some tracks sound a little bassier than I remember, but that could also just be a thing with my earbuds.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Earlier in the year I spotted a list of LGBTQIA+S dates -
20220523_112956.jpg
The one for 12th June caught my eye, so today I will pull out PULSE as it seems rather appropriate

](*,)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Checked and it's remembrance of a mass shooting! <.8.> 2016. That's bizarre as (well I don't live there for a start) I can't remember a single thing about it. Second biggest terror attack since 9/11.
Think we might need a separate thread for gun shootings. We'll be spoilt for choice!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_(nightclub)