Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
18%
27%
34%
11%
1 - Worst
9%

Total votes: 44

azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder

Post by azza200 »

i messaged matt over at Brain Damage the other week regarding the stuff which Scott Page is planning on releasing and they said we should be seeing it very soon.
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

Looks as if the UK is getting a reprint of EMI's 2010 Aussie reissue, through Parlophone/WMG (As seen here at bottom of back cover).

Rhino is not listed anywhere on it, though (is Rhino just a US label?). Anyway, it is listed on various foreign sites as releasing on 1/17, including the site from which the image was derived (view listing here).
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Post by The Machman »

Compared to pulse, this is absolutely PATHETIC because no full DSOTM renditions!
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

The Machman wrote:Compared to pulse, this is absolutely PATHETIC because no full DSOTM renditions!
But Pulse doesn't have On the Turning Away, Yet Another Movie, and other Momentary Lapse tracks. DSOT has a darker and more moody tone than Pulse, IMO.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

TheFloydian1 wrote:
The Machman wrote:Compared to pulse, this is absolutely PATHETIC because no full DSOTM renditions!
But Pulse doesn't have On the Turning Away, Yet Another Movie, and other Momentary Lapse tracks. DSOT has a darker and more moody tone than Pulse, IMO.
i'm not fond on PULSE's DSOTM anyway - there's nothing on there that's not better on the original.
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Post by The Machman »

But it's a helluva lot better than listening to the songs from that contemptible momentary lapse of shit album! besides the Dark Side renditions of 1994 was and ever will be the best live performances Pink Floyd has ever done, check out their performance on Earl's Court if you don't believe me ;)
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

TheFloydian1 wrote:
and Comfortably Numb on this is alot better then on Pulse

@The Machman Also there is alot of better shows from 1994 on bootlegs which are superior to 20th October look on youtube plenty of bootlegs from that tour to watch and listen too.
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Post by The Machman »

Indeed azza :) its a shame nobody gives pulse the attention it properly deserves :(
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

i prefer the AMLOR tour myself better renditons of songs better lighting.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

i prefer the AMLOR tour myself better renditons of songs better lighting.
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Post by The Machman »

azza200 wrote:i prefer the AMLOR tour myself better renditons of songs better lighting.
I'm not so sure about that :roll: I really don't have a soft spot for live albums that feature songs from their shittiest album. besides they butchered Time, Money and Us and Them with so much 80s cheeeeeese!
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

On The Turning Away, Sorrow, Learning to Fly Yet another movie are now regarded as floyd classics. It may be a weak album compared to the classic floyd from the 70's but still has some good music on it.
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Post by The Machman »

azza200 wrote:On The Turning Away, Sorrow, Learning to Fly Yet another movie are now regarded as floyd classics. It may be a weak album compared to the classic floyd from the 70's but still has some good music on it.
Learning to Fly?!?! :lol: single-orientated guff that is! drum-machines and all!
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

The Machman wrote:
azza200 wrote:On The Turning Away, Sorrow, Learning to Fly Yet another movie are now regarded as floyd classics. It may be a weak album compared to the classic floyd from the 70's but still has some good music on it.
Learning to Fly?!?! :lol: single-orientated guff that is! drum-machines and all!
Not every Floyd album has to be a DSOTM or Wall in order to be good.

Fact is, there are some nice tunes on AMLOR, even if they only work well as individual pieces instead of trying to become a Roger Waters concept album.
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Post by The Machman »

Err yes it does, because unlike AMLOR which was crafted with ultra-commercial intentions, DSOTM, WYWH and The Wall were hand crafted like a super sophisticated sculpture built with Roger's sweat, blood and tears while Gilmour made this album with the intent of generating massive amounts of revenue so he can whizz off to the nearest Learjet dealer.