Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
18%
27%
34%
11%
1 - Worst
9%

Total votes: 44

azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder

Post by azza200 »

Yet Another Movie Demo tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEdNyEnm0e4
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

great news, I love this song. And I loved the demo!
We need more demos of AMLOR!
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I don't know where to post this, but I picked up the DSoT Blu-ray today. Watching it now.

It really brings back memories. The DSoT tour was the only time I ever saw PF live. The sound on the album is excellent. I've always found AMLoR a patchy album, but the selection of songs here includes all my favourites. Though, I still think if they had cut down the number of AMLoR tracks a bit and mixed in more 'classic period' cuts, then this might even flatter the album a bit, as the high-points on AMLoR, for me, fit right in. Particularly 'Sorrow' and 'On The Turning Away'. And, I much prefer the live version of 'Signs of Life' to the album one. And, all the AMLoR tracks sound a bit less '80s' here to me.

EDIT: Though, having read more, I would have liked the additional tracks available on the second Blu-Ray as a bonus. Terminal Frost etc.

It's still enjoyable to see something both new and old for me from PF.

Having gone through the DVDs/Blu-Rays at a local shop, I might be looking at Rog's live The Wall next.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Annoying Twit wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:20 pm
EDIT: Though, having read more, I would have liked the additional tracks available on the second Blu-Ray as a bonus. Terminal Frost etc.
They weren't on a separate Blu-ray if you got the little box set.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

DarkSideFreak wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:59 pm They weren't on a separate Blu-ray if you got the little box set.
Indeed. In fact I used rips from The Later Years box set to edit the bonus tracks into the film in the same place they are in the re-edited album release.
Now if only they'd filmed that performance of "Welcome to the Machine"...
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

At least I can see the tracks I missed out on online.

E.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tv4Io-cuxA
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:38 pm
Eclipse wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:49 pm I'm tempted to give it a 1, but I think I'll check the remixed version first.
I found I enjoyed this album infinitely more with the remix. The inclusion of the extra tracks also helps it some - the live "Welcome to the Machine" is pretty awesome in my opinion
Late to the party, naturally.

Love the remixed version, but those 2021 discs don't hold a candle to the original 87 vinyl.

(I was gifted a copy of the OG last year)
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

battra wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:50 am
Love the remixed version, but those 2021 discs don't hold a candle to the original 87 vinyl.
Delicate Sound was 88, innit?
I mean personally I do find the 2021 triple vinyl pressing sounded wonderful (for the couple of months I had it before I had to sell it...) but I fully take your word the original vinyls sounded better. They genuinely don't make em like they used to.
However I mostly listen to the 2021 remix on digital and it sounds perfectly serviceable there
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:38 am
battra wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:50 am
Delicate Sound was 88, innit?
I mean personally I do find the 2021 triple vinyl pressing sounded wonderful (for the couple of months I had it before I had to sell it...) but I fully take your word the original vinyls sounded better. They genuinely don't make em like they used to.
However I mostly listen to the 2021 remix on digital and it sounds perfectly serviceable there
Probably was 88. :) I mean, I don't keep too much track of the exact years honestly...as I've aged...Kinda lost some memory space ya know?

I've actually considered selling off the triple vinyl many times since getting the OG. I haven't listened to it since then anyway. I mean, I did sell my 2014 pressing of Animals.

I'm just gonna replace it with a Japanese OG pressing anyway.