Roger Waters – Radio Kaos video

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this Video/DVD

5 - Best
No votes
46%
31%
No votes
1 - Worst
23%

Total votes: 13

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters – Radio Kaos video

Post by drafsack »

This thread is to discuss Roger Waters – Radio Kaos Video.

Feel free to discuss either format

Basic track listing

Radio Waves
Sunset Strip
Four Minutes
The Tide Is Turning (After Live Aid)
admiral panther
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger Waters – Radio Kaos video

Post by admiral panther »

alot of people dont but i like radio kaos, could be..
crowman
Blade
Blade

Post by crowman »

I gave it a 3. I like Radio KAOS, for all its 80s-ness, and boy is this an 80s video. Pity it doesn't have "Home" though.

Poor Rog looks really bored in his vocal booth - not even his Hawaiian shirt can cheer him up. :lol: Weird seeing him not playing bass.

And the morse code on the front cover above reads: ROGER... SRETNG. It appears that the dots and dashes for WATERS have been reversed for some reason.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Very strange item when it was released. Honestly, a disappointment after the Wall Film.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Too short, and mediocre song selection on top.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I actually saw the VCR tape in a used record store today
the obessive completist collector geek that lives inside me was ready to waste good money
til the sensible voice in my head reminded me I dont own a videotape player and already have this material in a less official dvd format elsewhere
and yes this is a surprisingly lame video from someone who just a couple of years before did The Wall film
but not much more or less lame than the Final Cut video ep

one good thing about this: theres a second long glimpse of filmed concert footage. meaning maybe Rogers got a proper Radio KAOS video he's forgotten about in one of his vaults somewhere?
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

No, matter of fact he just recorded that split second clip for use in this amazing video EP! :twisted:
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Harold »

The concept of "Radio KAOS" is great, and musically it is sad this project wasn't recorded by Pink Floyd. On the other hand, this pop-machine generated songs and sometimes up-tempo songs doesn't make any good match with Mr Gilmours blues-styled lead guitar as he did on "The Wall".

Over all, the concept of "Radio KAOS" do fit with Mr Waters narrative style of singing, and blends perfectly with harmonies from the female singers and the vocals of Paul Carrack.

One more thing: The live version opens up with interaction between the artist and his audience. That's a strange direction after all we know from the idea behind of building his wall...

If anyone suggest Mr Waters to do a re-make of "Radio KAOS", I will be the first one too agree. There are plenty of good music that got wasted by demand of the record company, if we should buy Mr Waters own excuse.

Shine on,
Peter
Morty
Axe
Axe

Post by Morty »

It is what it is. I watched this a lot back in the days, and still got my VHS from 88/89. Not great, but I really enjoy it. It can not be compared to The Wall, a film shot on film, this is a promo video shot on video.
TheEndlessWaters
Axe
Axe
Location: Marooned On An Island. Take a guess which one it is.

Post by TheEndlessWaters »

In my opinion, a waste of the KAOS concept. Should've been a more narrative based video with the entire album, including songs like Going to Live in L.A., Molly's Song, and maybe a few others.
Show the mines closing, show Benny's pub crawl, show what's going through Billy's head. Sure, they explain it all in the beginning, but this is a VIDEO. Show, don't tell, guys!

...hold on, I'm going to jot that idea down. I think I have something in the works.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

"The local police... Calling all cars!" it's worth it for that shot of Roger dressed as a cop in a police car.
But the video packaging is really misleading. (I haven't got it but a friend has)
A shot of Roger with a bass hanging from his neck with an arm raised in triumph.
"That looks so cool! Looks like we might get... Oh." was how I remembered the main bulletin points from watching it.
Although it has been a while.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Haven't seen this for YEARS. I owned it on VHS, long ago. Watched it just now on Youtube. Brings back a nice memories of the late 80's..
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Post by Djgilmour »

danielcaux wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:19 am Too short, and mediocre song selection on top.

Exactly, the four worst songs!