The Australian Pink Floyd Show at the NIA, Birmingham

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
HawkeyeTheFloydian
Embryo
Embryo

The Australian Pink Floyd Show at the NIA, Birmingham

Post by HawkeyeTheFloydian »

21st March (tomorrow), anyone here going? dad (FatTrace) and I am...Last time I saw them I think was in 2004/5, I was about 14 years old. At the time, I was NOT keen on the idea of a 'Pink Floyd Cover' show, because, as anyone here who knew me at the time (my breakfast might be able to vouch for me here) I was an OBSESSIVE Pink Floyd fan (I still am, obviously, otherwise, I wouldn't be me, HAW) so some dudes coming along performing my DARLING Pink Floyds songs, I thought it scandalous.

HOWEVER.

For years I couldn't admit I was BLOWN away by their version of Echoes, it was PHENOMENAL, and now, I am admitting it. Now you have something to throw in my face. It's your Christmas present. Did you have a good Christmas? Mine was alright. But I digress.

So yeah I'm really rather excited to be seeing them again, and as luck would have it we're even seated in the same block!
HawkeyeTheFloydian
Embryo
Embryo

Re: The Australian Pink Floyd Show at the NIA, Birmingham

IT. WAS. AMAZING.

They played Fletcher Memorial Home! It was absolutely fantastic, I'm definitely going again next year.

Durga and Lorelei Mcbroom were there for Great Gig in the Sky, it was perfect :')
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Fletcher Memorial was particularly good at Liverpool too. 8)
HawkeyeTheFloydian
Embryo
Embryo

Hi Keef :smt079
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Easy tiger! 8)
HawkeyeTheFloydian
Embryo
Embryo

I'll behave [-o<
troikafloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by troikafloyd »

Go and see Britfloyd....You won't bother with Aussie floyd again. Iv'e seen both groups and since the split Britfloyd knock spots of them. Have a look on youtube as they have just toured USA and Canada and will soon be in GB, I'm booked up for two concerts and cannot wait! <ii>
CDWheeler
Axe
Axe

Post by CDWheeler »

Interesting, I thought the exact opposite.

I went to see Aussie Floyd and thought that they chose a much better range of songs and performed them all fantastically to an almost sell out crowd.

I went to see Brit Floyd (at the same venue) and they chose a far less interesting set and performed quite poorly. They also had to give out many tickets for free.

Each to their own I guess.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

troikafloyd wrote:Go and see Britfloyd....You won't bother with Aussie floyd again. Iv'e seen both groups and since the split Britfloyd knock spots of them. Have a look on youtube as they have just toured USA and Canada and will soon be in GB, I'm booked up for two concerts and cannot wait! <ii>
Got to agree with you.
I went to see Aussie Floyd a few years ago not realising Damien and Ian had left and wow was I dissapointed.
I'd seen them at the NIA in Birmingham a year before and thought they'd really cracked it with those guys still in the line up. For once the guy on guitar could really open up and express himself and not just 'copy' Gilmour but I'd not go and see the Aussie PF again now.
Saw Brit Floyd in Poole two nights ago and even a hard to please fan like me would.....go again.
Great light show and a few of the songs really did make the grade. 'One of these days' was played brilliantly without that annoying jumpy kind of bass sound that I've heard on various imitations of the song but Ian nailed it. The guy also has stage attitude and carries Rogers emotional whine in his vocal style which isn't easy but full marks.