This forum is dead

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: This forum is dead

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

I don't know mossy, I think Idissafect (rest his soul) has left the building

:lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:I don't think posting has been this low since 2003, when the forum was in its infancy :o

:(
Maybe we're going through rebirth. Oh, there's the idea for my new avatar - rosm asked me to change this one. Just need to get home first.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

This is your forum speaking! Your forum is dead!
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

"I'm not dead, I'm not dead, I'm getting better, I don't want to go on the cart, I feel fine. I think I'll go for a walk, I feel happy, I feel happy!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

There is still a good volume of visitors coming to the forum according to my Google Analytics. However, the posting rate is very low as people seem to not have anything to say any more.

I guess this can happen when a band is no longer together!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

The only way this forum is going to come back to life is if all of us who are even remotely active in it anymore start posting again. And when you see a post by some, comment on it! That way, when new people come along to check out the forum, they will see it is active and stay and start posting themselves. Sure, Pink Floyd is not really active anymore, but the surviving individual members are still doing things. And last time I checked, there were a lot of categories for threads that didn't have anything to do with Pink Floyd. If this forum is to come back to life, it has to start with us, the few who still post at all in here, making an effort. Lamenting about it and hoping it will come back to life will not do anything.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Technically, Pink Floyd stopped being active about eight years before this forum was around; so I don't think we can blame it on that. I think the rise of social networking has been a bigger issue for forum activity.

MG makes a good point. If this forum is to come back to life, it's going to be down to those of us who still post here actually posting.

Guess that means I'm kinda honor bound to go off on a posting jag. *shrug*
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Massed Gadgets wrote:When you see a post by some, comment on it!
Ah... the almost-forgotten days of how I used to boost my post count... :lol:

Don't worry, no more.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

We need Alan and rememberaday back to really get this going. The fact is, a lot of the most interesting discussion here has taken place on the fun and games/general discussion forums. It has probably been 6 years since I actively posted about Pink Floyd, but chatting with other folks here about other topics has been entertaining.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:We need Alan and rememberaday back to really get this going.
I'm not sure what there is to talk about. <.8.>
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

And I'm not sure of certain persons...
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Gunner's Dream wrote:We need Alan and rememberaday back to really get this going.
Well I had a four month holiday (which is drawing to a close now) so I was just visiting places and stuff, I'm still here though.

The forum was pretty interesting from last October to around this Feb, thanks to several new music put out by both Alan and Gus. I'm not really musically talented tbh, so I can't really help in that aspect but I think if guys start posting their own music/work, then it can amount to something.

A really good way to bring this forum to life instantly (well not quite, but it has potential) is to talk about stuff like sports. You should really check out the Cricket Web forum. It has like 10 posts a second during live matches. I'm not sure if people here are really sports enthusiasts though, but it can be a really good way to start the revival campaign.
mosespa wrote:Shall I go start a thread about how reality is objective and not agreeing makes one a Collectivist DouchebagTM?

I'm actually pretty interested to know why you think so. Go ahead.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

mosespa wrote: Guess that means I'm kinda honor bound to go off on a posting jag. *shrug*
Wow.....the quantity (never mind the quality, feel the width) of your ensuing posts, almost put Mr. Spam to shame! Well done. :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

But he still shrugs, that never goes away 8)
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Oh the irony if this thread goes on for another 10 pages. 8)