Cricket

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Cricket

Post by rememberaday »

Any other fans of this beautiful sport? I had been following the India-Australia test series, and then had the idea of creating a cricket thread here. My favourite team is England by far :D , then maybe South Africa and India at third. So, basically, this is just to discuss aspects of the game you like - batting/bowling, favourite batsmen, bowlers, wicket keepers, and so on.

Ps. It saddens me that people actually like the utter trash that is the IPL, along with other T20 cricket leagues (KFC Big Bash, anyone? :roll: ). They are the epitome of sport degenerated into unnecessary commercial complexities.

P.Ps. For you pedestrians - learn more about this posh, utterly boring and gentleman's sport HeRe

EDIT : What an epic match that was between England and New Zealand. Fantastic.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Cricket

Post by jambo »

Huge cricket fan, follow the Aussies of course. Not much to cheer about for us lately, pretty ordinary in all 3 forms of the game.

T20 has never interested me and in the last year or so I've come to really dislike it. There's just no tactics or planning beyond "swing like crazy" =\

I'm hoping to go to the Ashes Test in Adelaide for the 2013/14 tour, but I doubt we'll win. Still, it'll be good to see a live match.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Cricket

Post by rememberaday »

jambo wrote:
1.Huge cricket fan, follow the Aussies of course. Not much to cheer about for us lately, pretty ordinary in all 3 forms of the game.

2. T20 has never interested me and in the last year or so I've come to really dislike it. There's just no tactics or planning beyond "swing like crazy" =\

3. I'm hoping to go to the Ashes Test in Adelaide for the 2013/14 tour, but I doubt we'll win. Still, it'll be good to see a live match.
1. Hi Jambo, glad to see that there's at least one other cricket fan besides me. :) I don't really follow the Aussies, but I presume they're going through a trying period, partly because the team is pretty new. From what I make of it, they have got plenty of talent among them! James Pattinson is a great bowler, and Australia possesses other good bowlers like Siddle as well. I think they're a bit deficient in the batting aspect. I wouldn't really expect them to win the Ashes because England's got a pretty strong side. I guarantee we're going to trash you blokes! :D :lol:

2. I absolutely hate T20. My folks think it is all cool and "thrilling", but it just seems like a form of cricket for people who don't really have that much of an interest in cricket, instead it's more about them trying to be hip and act like they're cricket geniuses. You're entirely right about it being a wild swing of the bat. It's also made bowling a redundant lottery. Yet it's astonishing how people think that it's the best form of cricket and how it has apparently "saved cricket from extinction". You should see the look on my mates' faces when I say T20 is junk.

3. I've never seen a match live. It's impossible over here in Indonesia. But I presume the atmosphere of a live match is fantastic. Actually, the Ashes would really be great, considering the potential drama and tension. Australia got a drubbing in the 2010 Ashes, yet I would say that watching Peter Siddle get his hat trick on his birthday would have been worth an entire fortune. 8-[