Inception (nnpfr)

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
myriadsmallcreature
Axe
Axe

Inception (nnpfr)

Post by myriadsmallcreature »

Well, that's a fine howdoyoudo.

Keith Jordan?

Anyway, are there any Christopher Nolan fans here?

In Inception the number 528491, the combination to the safe, etc., the mcguffin if you will...

What is its significance?

:)
henno

Re: Inception (nnpfr)

Post by henno »

if theres even a hint of trolling going on myriad, youll be reprimanded, you have previous ;)

theres loads already presumed about those numbers all across the net, do a google.
myriadsmallcreature
Axe
Axe

henno wrote:if theres even a hint of trolling going on myriad, youll be reprimanded, you have previous ;)

theres loads already presumed about those numbers all across the net, do a google.
If I wanted to troll, I would register under another name, no?

Besides, if I wanted to talk about the Publius Enigma, I would go to a Pink Floyd forum.

Seriously though, there is a connection between the two (the combination and the Publius Enigma), but I won't be the one to make it.

If you don't mind, I'd like to just let this sit here for a week or so, to give the regulars a chance to read it and respond if they so desire.

Anyone?
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I could consider myself some sort of a Nolan fan, I guess. I really like some of his films, but I also find some of them greatly overrated. His earlier works, particularly 'Following' and 'Memento', might be considered great but IMHO they only work on a first viewing because once you know the twist they completely fall apart. Two of his films I appreciate the most are 'The Prestige' and 'Batman Begins', as two very nuanced and masterfully made films which only benefit from repeated viewings. 'Inception' was also a good one and I especially liked the fact that it had so many ends deliberately left loose, but apart from that it was pretty straightforward compared to Nolan's earlier works. I'm still waiting to see 'Interstellar' but I'm not expecting too much from it.

As for the number 528491... I know there are numerous references to it in the film, but I've never thought about its own significance.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

My favourite on the 528491 front is the binary conversion one -

In part because the Douglas Adams 42 is -

:D
henno

Post by henno »

myriadsmallcreature wrote: If I wanted to troll, I would register under another name, no?
wouldnt matter, we would know ;)

myriadsmallcreature wrote: Seriously though, there is a connection between the two (the combination and the Publius Enigma), but I won't be the one to make it.
If you don't mind, I'd like to just let this sit here for a week or so, to give the regulars a chance to read it and respond if they so desire.
Anyone?
as there is a connection between "publius enigma" and the division bell, and the fact theres an obvious connection with The Endless river..... i suppose we can allow this to see where it goes.

but be warned myriadsmallcreature..... this better not turn into a "look at me, i know something you dont know" crap thread with no conclusion.... like you did last time!
myriadsmallcreature
Axe
Axe

henno wrote:
myriadsmallcreature wrote: If I wanted to troll, I would register under another name, no?
wouldnt matter, we would know ;)

myriadsmallcreature wrote: Seriously though, there is a connection between the two (the combination and the Publius Enigma), but I won't be the one to make it.
Anyone?
as there is a connection between "publius enigma" and the division bell, and the fact theres an obvious connection with The Endless river..... i suppose we can allow this to see where it goes.

but be warned myriadsmallcreature..... this better not turn into a "look at me, i know something you dont know" crap thread with no conclusion.... like you did last time!
Thank you, henno.

The short answer is that it is two musical notes, C4 and B4, or more precisely the frequencies 528 and 491, which approximate those notes.

Now you know something I don't.

Sorry if I was rude to you before. I was older then, I'm younger than that now.

Suffice it to say that the Publius Enigma is real, but it is interesting, finally, to the extent that it relates to the greater Enigma which transfuses our nature. A glass darkly, and all that.

Enjoy.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

One of the more interesting aspects of paranoid schizophrenia is that the brain of sufferers typically produces more dopamine than that of non-sufferers. Anybody who has 'burned out' on drugs like MDMA will know the numb feeling caused by a lack of dopamine; everything seems somewhat meaningless and life is devoid of emotion. The opposite is also true, so if your brain is frequently flooded with dopamine then everything takes on a profundity and meaning that is most likely not actually true at all. This is why those suffering from paranoid schizophrenia tend to cook up links between mundane every day occurrences. Two red cars parked in the street today? Must be the government monitoring my phones again! Left the light on in the bathroom overnight? That wasn't me man, that was the feds planting a bug under the drain in my shower.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

It's all because of chemtrails.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

twcc wrote:... the Douglas Adams 42 is -

:D
OFF TOPIC -

237 from 'The Shining' also has a 42 link as 2 x 3 x 7 = 42
henno

Post by henno »

myriadsmallcreature wrote: The short answer is that it is two musical notes, C4 and B4, or more precisely the frequencies 528 and 491, which approximate those notes.
C4 is 261.6 hz

and

B4 is 493.9 hz

and with that im out, good night and good luck........
myriadsmallcreature
Axe
Axe

Thank you very much for correcting me: C5 and B4.

The frequency attached to a note depends on the scale.

Below is a nearly exhaustive list of scales, for which the notes C5 and B4 hover around 528 and 491.

http://www.dolmetsch.com/musictheory27t.htm

As it is, there is only one scale of all those which matches precisely B4 as 491, and C5 as 528.

However, it is not about matching them precisely.

Your choice, for instance--equal temperament?

Those among you who are familiar with music history know that it has its own battlefield (music theory) which includes Plato and the Greek city-states and the Catholic Church. Plato believed that certain modes incited the mob while others inspired to patriotism. More interestingly, the Church attempted to direct, even legislate the composition of music, under threat of excommunication (and worse), especially the Devil's tritone. Historically, different cities in Europe had their own tunings at the same time.

It is only with the advent of electronic music that a note in an ascending scale could be easily adjusted in a descending scale so that the same note, say C5 (thanks again), could have two different frequencies.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Suffice it to say for the moment that Nolan and Zimmer most brilliantly inserted a self-proving proof into the meaning of the 'so-called' combination. Into the music of the soundtrack. More precisely, into the two-note trochaic which is playing repeatedly just at the moment Leo's character demands of Fischer "the first numbers that come into your head".

Anyone here familiar with the primary and secondary zona di passaggio?
myriadsmallcreature
Axe
Axe

Thank you, gentlemen. I've said enough.

I think we're done here.

Won't be back.

Enjoy!

henno