Setlist for 2015 tour?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Re: Setlist for 2015 tour?

Post by raisemyrent »

fat old sun might remain on the list. it's one or maybe his first song written for the Floyd, it's romantic, and it showcases his singing, song-writing, lyrics, and acoustic and electric guitar playing.

I wonder if he'll have female back-up singers on this tour....

agreed with earlier, money and have a cigar are beat-sloppy and sound dated even live. Rick's synth in Have a cigar tends to be ignored, but I honestly can't think of another floyd song where his synth is cranked up louder on the mix. i'd never imagined money without the solos... good point. have a cigar was such a kind of mess, they couldn't even sing it!
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

Read online from the Aussie Rolling Stone interview w/David. - Probability of Echoes is nill %. David doesn't feel it would be right w/o Rick around. Shine on very strong % wise. I'll take it! :D :D
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Anyway I don't really see how he can avoid High Hopes, WYWH and Comfortably Numb... I think he played Comfortably Numb at all his ''real'' venues since it came out.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Rumour is that the rehearsals included Us & Them and Shine On, which is weird seeing as how Gilmour didn't want to play Echoes because of the link to Rick.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

jambo wrote:Rumour is that the rehearsals included Us & Them and Shine On, which is weird seeing as how Gilmour didn't want to play Echoes because of the link to Rick.
Well I see Us & Them as a rick Tribute (after all, he is the lead singer of that song), for the other song I am pretty sure that more than 95% of the people will want to hear it, it's pretty much a fan favorite.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I think part of the reason Echoes was dropped had to do with its 25 minute run time.

Getting rid of it opens you up to an extra 3-5 songs.

Or Dogs >_>
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

jambo wrote:Or Dogs >_>
That would be amazing, they could cut it short tho.
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Post by Djgilmour »

Dave should play his 5 best solo songs

There's no way out of here
Mihalis
Murder
Near the end
On an island
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Djgilmour wrote:Dave should play his 5 best solo songs

There's no way out of here
Mihalis
Murder
Near the end
On an island
If he does that and the whole RTL album, it leaves really little space for Pink Floyd stuff. I personally think he did his 5 best songs or at least most of them in the band anyway.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I noticed the bell is there during his rehearsals so High Hopes is certainly likely.

I love High Hopes, it's the best post waters Floyd track but to be honest I could do without hearing it on this tour. 94, Meltdown in 2002, and his tour in 2006. Time to give it a rest, only the really iconic songs like Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb deserve inclusion at all times.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

What about people have never seen him live before and want hear it?

i.e me.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Me too.

I wasn't born when the Floyd had their last tour. I was 4 years old when he did the Meltdown concerts, 8 when he did On an Island.

And this September will be my only ever (probably) chance to see him live, and I'd be quite dissapointed if he didn't set aside a fair chunk of the set for Floyd classics.

Although, I would welcome some tracks from On an Island.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Me too... I was 4 during the Division Bell and didn't know Pink Floyd much back in 2006 (Discovered them 1 or 2 years later).

I think High Hopes is a must... It's the best music piece he composed alone. I would really like Dogs as well but I doubt that will happen.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Alternative 4 wrote:What about people have never seen him live before and want hear it?

i.e me.
Then you'll be more satisfied than those of us who'd rather hear something else? Odd question.

Anyway I won't exactly complain, I love the song. And actually the complaint was about being Floyd songs, that's a must, it was really just the inclusion of one he's played an awful lot. But either way it sounds great live.
Bluenose
Axe
Axe

Post by Bluenose »

I was out for a long walk this morning and listened to the Live at Gdansk concert on my iPOD. I was struck by the live version of Castellorizon/On an Island. I reckon that would be a great way to start the gigs.