Setlist for 2015 tour?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Setlist for 2015 tour?

Post by Keith Jordan »

The second half of the show...
David Gilmour Setlist 2015 Second Half.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

So he says Pink Floyd is done and won't tour again then goes on tour and mainly plays Pink Floyd songs?
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Just taking it all in......sorrow.....run......time/breathe as encore. .....it's a good repertoire though! Turning away the only one I've missed
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Alternative 4 wrote:So he says Pink Floyd is done and won't tour again then goes on tour and mainly plays Pink Floyd songs?
If he does no PF song: People will complain because it's boring
If he does Floyd only: People will complain because it's too mainstream.

Roger was the first to say Pink Floyd was a ''spent force'' and since 10 years all he has been doing is the most commercial Floyd songs.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

learningtofly wrote:Just taking it all in......sorrow.....run......time/breathe as encore. .....it's a good repertoire though! Turning away the only one I've missed
Dogs is the on I missed... But you know it's gonna be a long tour, so it's totally possible to see some tweaks.
Kiwi68
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Kiwi68 »

Was Us and Them mentioned as a tribute to Rick? Thought there may be something more direct, like Remember A Day.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

He was sensational and when people say the Floyd were never particularly gifted musicians technically, you simply can't say that about Dave.

Special mention to his voice which really hasn't changed much at all in 50 years
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Keith Jordan wrote:I thought the first set would be the new album in the correct running order - how odd. Perhaps they are just testing the lighting rig and other settings and they have chosen the songs on that basis rather than this being the tour set.
I think you're spot on mate.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Follix wrote:
Alternative 4 wrote:So he says Pink Floyd is done and won't tour again then goes on tour and mainly plays Pink Floyd songs?

Roger was the first to say Pink Floyd was a ''spent force'' and since 10 years all he has been doing is the most commercial Floyd songs.

Good point.
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Post by Djgilmour »

Keith Jordan wrote:The second half of the show...
David Gilmour Setlist 2015 Second Half.jpg
My thoughts as well, and he even plays AD, a song that was recorded when he even wasn't in PF, lol!

Missing songs:
- on the turning away
- dogs
- there's no way out of here
- near the end
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

kjek1 wrote:He was sensational and when people say the Floyd were never particularly gifted musicians technically, you simply can't say that about Dave.

Special mention to his voice which really hasn't changed much at all in 50 years
+1

I agree with you there, great set and great voice ... I thought part 1 was a little shaky at times but part 2 was spot on

One amusing observation from tonight was one of the black cases by the left side of the stage had the name "GILMORE" on it ... I pointed it out to one of the roadies, I wonder if it will get changed tonight.

Looking forward to the next date !

<ii>
MrAnderson
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MrAnderson »

Wow wow wow.

Wasn't expecting that much Floyd stuff. Shine On in its entirety? Christ. Money really surprises me, as does Run Like Hell?! And the screen, oh my god the screen. 25th can't come soon enough. Would've loved to have seen Coming Back to Life or Marooned on the set list but I really can't complain. Lifelong dream coming up! Edit: I also expected Louder Than Words, and would've loved to see that live, BUT, I think it's nice that TER is staying unplayed live, as it's in keeping with the spirit of it really.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Wow. Just wow. I'm with Keith on this not being a good sample of the setlists to come but for sure they will pop up these songs. I'd almost bet coming back to life will be played at some show (hopefully 1 of the 5 we're seeing!), and yes, Mr. Screen is such a treat for the fans.
Here's to hoping that Polly posts a snippet on Twitter or hey do a press pack for the shows (not that it's not already sold out though).

Ps I presume attendees are getting some rest and we'll get the reviews and deets tomorrow, right?
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

raisemyrent wrote:

Ps I presume attendees are getting some rest and we'll get the reviews and deets tomorrow, right?

I don't know if the 30 last minutes on Periscope counts :p

Because I was hearing a lot of people in the crowd singing and they were out of time and out of tune, so it was confusing. What really struck me tho is that overpowering guitar noise when DG starts a solo.. And that's we want! :D
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Yeah, shame no TER material. Don't see any harm in playing some of it. One point re CBTL and OTTA, both have very high notes in places, maybe a stretch for him at 70.....