UK General Election 2015

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

UK General Election 2015

Post by moodyblue »

Not long now until voting begins but something tells me it will be a continuation of a nightmare.
Politics in the UK seems it's at a very low point with most of the leading candidates so politically correct that you never get the truth.
The two political debates I have seen on national TV have been a huge let down.
I really thought UKIP's Nigel Farage performance in the second debate was particularly poor. This guy and his party could literally reel in votes by the millions if they could just steer away from the 'immigrant' issue a little more and place more emphasis on other areas of policy.
Labour are completely unelectable in my opinion with their recent history and a leader in Miliband who is a complete idiot. If anyone believes in this guy then they should be sectioned IMO.
The conservative party (with a small C nowadays) seem clueless on how to be Conservatives any more.
The Liberals.....yeah ok LOL!
My vote may well be with UKIP in a few weeks time as I could not bring myself to vote for the three main players in any way.

Thoughts?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: UK General Election 2015

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I think nobody is going to get what they want. Greens, UKIP and the main three parties.
My advice is to stockpile food and medicine because the days after are going to be unpleasant. Because there's "Nobody in control" a lot of opportunities might be taken.
Of course there is someone in control. Always. But you can't vote for them! :o
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

moodyblue wrote:Not long now until voting begins but something tells me it will be a continuation of a nightmare.
Politics in the UK seems it's at a very low point with most of the leading candidates so politically correct that you never get the truth.
The two political debates I have seen on national TV have been a huge let down.
I really thought UKIP's Nigel Farage performance in the second debate was particularly poor. This guy and his party could literally reel in votes by the millions if they could just steer away from the 'immigrant' issue a little more and place more emphasis on other areas of policy.
Labour are completely unelectable in my opinion with their recent history and a leader in Miliband who is a complete idiot. If anyone believes in this guy then they should be sectioned IMO.
The conservative party (with a small C nowadays) seem clueless on how to be Conservatives any more.
The Liberals.....yeah ok LOL!
My vote may well be with UKIP in a few weeks time as I could not bring myself to vote for the three main players in any way.

Thoughts?
Biggest thought was "FUCK! I wasn't expecting that!". I am listening to 1987 AMLOR to get myself into the mindset that's going to be imposed.
One of the biggest stories, and I should have made it a thread, but the Coalition have voted for plans to store our radioactive waste nearer to towns than they used to.
And Labour have said they will not repeal this law.

So how did UKIP work out for you?
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:
So how did UKIP work out for you?
Sorry, For some reason I didn't see this.
Well they culled 4 million votes and aren't represented. Hardly democracy!

So far, Cameron continues to come across as the weak leader that he is. Incredibly weak and unconvincing but the Tory party getting a majority was probably the best many of us could hope for.

For my money, Nigel Farage of UKIP seems to be the only leader that talks any sense with conviction. It is a shame the British electorate are so brainwashed by Political Correctness that they do not seem to think objectively anymore but are coalesced along with the masses to think within so called 'acceptable parameters'.
flippikat
Axe
Axe

Post by flippikat »

Are there any strong moves in the UK to consider proportional representation?

We've had it here in New Zealand since the mid 1990s, and I really like it because you know your party vote will actually count towards the proportions of MPs.

We have a National (Conservative Party) Government, supported by Maori Party, ACT (free market libertarians), and United Future (Centerist) MPs.

The opposition is Labour, New Zealand First (rather nationalist), and the Greens. Something for everyone, really...
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

flippikat wrote:Are there any strong moves in the UK to consider proportional representation?

We've had it here in New Zealand since the mid 1990s, and I really like it because you know your party vote will actually count towards the proportions of MPs.

We have a National (Conservative Party) Government, supported by Maori Party, ACT (free market libertarians), and United Future (Centerist) MPs.

The opposition is Labour, New Zealand First (rather nationalist), and the Greens. Something for everyone, really...
Well although I welcome PR as it would make votes more valuable, there was a petition to have this debated in the House of Commons and... Er... It was rejected outright by three sitting MPs in an empty chamber.
So I don't bother with petitions any more. It's all bollocks, so bollocks to it all!