Hoppy - Underground Head - A film about John Hopkins

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Nighttripper
Embryo
Embryo

Hoppy - Underground Head - A film about John Hopkins

Post by Nighttripper »

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/hoppy-underground-head

We're making a documentary film about Hoppy.

John "Hoppy" Hopkins was one of the key figures of the 1960s underground. He gave the Pink Floyd their first big gigs, started the first psychedelic club in London, organised London's first all-night rave - the 14 Hour Technicolor Dream in 1967 - helped launch the Notting Hill Carnival, founded first underground newspaper International Times, and co-founded Britain's first independent video production company.

Hoppy died on the 30th January 2015. When I visited Hoppy in hospital I promised we would finish the film as a testimony to his life and achievements.
2017 would be the ideal time to release this as it's the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love and the 14 Hour Technicolor Dream, and would have been Hoppy's 80th birthday.

If you know anyone who might be into this and would like to help us crowd fund it into reality, please forward this link.
Last edited by Nighttripper on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hoppy - Underground Head - A film about John Hopkins

Post by twcc »

^^^
Looks good.

[-D-]
Nighttripper
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Nighttripper »

Nighttripper wrote:http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/hoppy-underground-head

We're making a documentary film about Hoppy.

John "Hoppy" Hopkins was one of the key figures of the 1960s underground. He gave the Pink Floyd their first big gigs, started the first psychedelic club in London, organised London's first all-night rave - the 14 Hour Technicolor Dream in 1967 - helped launch the Notting Hill Carnival, founded first underground newspaper International Times, and co-founded Britain's first independent video production company.

Hoppy died on the 30th January 2015. When I visited Hoppy in hospital I promised we would finish the film as a testimony to his life and achievements.
2017 would be the ideal time to release this as it's the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love and the 14 Hour Technicolor Dream, and would have been Hoppy's 80th birthday.

If you know anyone who might be into this and would like to help us crowd fund it into reality, please forward this link.
BUMP! We have till the end of March to raise the money to finish the film. Please come and be part of our crowd!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

A recent email confirms that the project has been funded ... I'm looking forward to seeing the finished film

<ii> <ii>
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

There are a series of free talks at the V&A this Saturday (30 July 2016) -

https://shop.vam.ac.uk/whatson/index/vi ... e/1/free/2

Hoppy is part of the 15:45 to 16:45 slot

:)