Leicester City F.C

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Leicester City F.C

Post by jtull »

So, why is Leicester City so good this year ? 8)
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Re: Leicester City F.C

Post by Bigmanpigman »

There is no doubt that those of us who follow football thought that the Premier League Title had become restricted to four or five teams at best. What Leicester City have done this season has breathed new life into the competition and given hope to us all (I am a Wolverhampton Wanderers supporter :mad:) How they have managed it is a bit more complicated, but central to it appears to be a 'Team Ethic', however simplistic that may sound. Anyway, good luck to them and their supporters. They have shown it can be done (although they haven't quite got there yet).
Last edited by Bigmanpigman on Mon May 02, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Champions! <ii>
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I think the stars aligned for Leicester this year. It was the one year when most of the other "top" teams were playing nowhere near their best and were woefully inconsistent. What's also worth remembering is that even last season, Leicester had been playing reasonably well but results hadn't gone their way. Then they put together an incredible run of games at the end of the season to avoid relegation. I'm a Liverpool fan for my sins but was delighted to see Leicester win the title. It was a breath of fresh air and nice to see a team of journeymen and players signed from lowly clubs get this run together. Along with the manager who Roman Abramovich sacked in the early days of owning Chelsea. I've a feeling this league win is a one-off but how great it was.

Or to put it in a nutshell...
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
I'm no football expert but it sounds like luck, teamwork, consistency, clear focus and a desire to win ... a real 'Roy of The Rovers' story and good luck to them for 2016/17 when the number of fixtures that will be played will increase due to the European commitments.

:)