If Syd never left Pink Floyd

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: If Syd never left Pink Floyd

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Of course what if Syd did carry on with the band but just got further and further from success? To even get dropped from Harvest Records. In the early 70's...
Things weren't like that. But here's another, Syd carries on with Floyd but Syd's influence on other musicians outside Floyd diminished? To the extent he becomes as know as Phil Collins level. Immensely talent musician, but really naff instead of "cool" to admit Syd liked?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

WebBrown wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:23 pm Syd was very special person and very happy kid who saw something where a billions people failed to see and he saw exactly a reason why do we think or feel fear from something we can’t see … He saw something that was hidden from us since the day when we are born … I called them simply ‘others or sorrow as one being and pride that could only giggle when we are wrong … Very ugly people that live hidden amoung us as our friends, family and others … Apparently Syd wished with all his heart to be gone or dead for one moment and therefore you have a person with almost no chains around him, but still with no wings to fly, while at same time somewhere around fifth grade great people have joined him so he could achieve even more or to be more specific immortality of soul, but as we all can see price for being such is very high or let me say equal to shaking an entire earth with just one word or to be more honest it just could not have been said or read …

Still as everything awaits for all of us equally , Syd was just a person who was very easier to be taught and therefore he was even later confronted to entire world by his bandmates as mentally unstable person …

Here is some interesting part in C.C books that confirm same thing Syd have saw :

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/870595 ... -depths-of
Interesting read.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I think you're projecting a lot of ideas onto the public's perception of Syd Barrett that has absolutely nothing to do with his creative output or his personal beliefs. In his last few professional interviews in 1971, all he was interested in was playing the blues and writing pop songs, and maybe even getting a day job.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

I donot know about those interviews and honestly I donot care to much about … I think Syd was opt to much more heavier task then just being a pop star … He already prove to be better then most of us and even being alike did not made him to see everything at all… Speaking about something other’ just look to PF catalogue from Piper and songs like Mathilda mother or Lucifer Sam until the bare ending of Wall and you will see it just scream about them …
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Well yes, Syd perfectly saw others and he know why he was mad for most of the time, but he just saw one side of a coin and now when I know entire truth, I cannot blame people or at least not most of us who cannot see our hidden enemy ... Still, it is a lot better to admit yourself that you are next to nothing and let PF break those bricks at the end of wall instead of you, like they did in Syd favor ...

We are all blind for the moment of our birth, but real question is why something so magical cannot see those lunatics from beginng as Syd did later ...
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Another thing, 1967 didn't have the "duty of care" record labels apparently are supposed to have.
For all the Andrew King support, he just didn't do enough. EMI certainly didn't do enough to protect him.
One unprovable theory I have about Syd is he got sexually assaulted in 1967 and this caused his further withdrawal. Yes, there's procedures and stuff in 2023. But there wasn't then.
I just feel as well as the drugs, as well as something inside him. Something really bad happened to him and he didn't get the support or protection such an incident would get now.
Following on from this theory. His withdrawal. His attacks on girlfriends (that we :-; over). PTSD symptoms? How can you get PTSD from playing guitar and singing songs? It's difficult but with spiking of drinks going around. With his charismatic personality (first casualty)
Yeah, I'm saying he got sexually abused as an adult.
How did this happen to me? Why? Because I played music in Pink Floyd. Right that's got to go.
The stigma is still there for those unfortunate today. In the late sixties? Forget it.
They couldn't find Syd for a weekend and when they did he was "changed".
"Something's happened to Syd" etc.
I'm assuming that something is his sexual assault. Probably by the creeps who hung around that "Morag" character.
Might be a different thread. Apologies if this has triggered unpleasant memories.
Maybe I'm connecting patterns that aren't there.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:39 pm Another thing, 1967 didn't have the "duty of care" record labels apparently are supposed to have.
For all the Andrew King support, he just didn't do enough. EMI certainly didn't do enough to protect him.
One unprovable theory I have about Syd is he got sexually assaulted in 1967 and this caused his further withdrawal. Yes, there's procedures and stuff in 2023. But there wasn't then.
I just feel as well as the drugs, as well as something inside him. Something really bad happened to him and he didn't get the support or protection such an incident would get now.
Following on from this theory. His withdrawal. His attacks on girlfriends (that we :-; over). PTSD symptoms? How can you get PTSD from playing guitar and singing songs? It's difficult but with spiking of drinks going around. With his charismatic personality (first casualty)
How did this happen to me? Why? Because I played music in Pink Floyd. Right that's got to go.
The stigma is still there for those unfortunate today. In the late sixties? Forget it.
I'm assuming that something is his sexual assault. Probably by the creeps who hung around that "Morag" character.
Might be a different thread. Apologies if this has triggered unpleasant memories.
Exactly what rest of the band intended to do after Syd was already a rock icon ...Show to him a nicer side of humankind ... So, he was a totally nut because he knew who Arnold Layne actually is ...
Octopushands
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Octopushands »

jtull wrote: Tue May 17, 2016 1:02 pm I know this is just a speculation, but I was just wondering what you think would have hapaned if Syd never left the band? What would the music be like if Syd had never taken any drugs and stayed clean in the band a whole time? Would there be a DSOTM or Wall. Do you think there albums would be more like a Piper or a Saucerful?

Any thoughts? :)
I think Rodgers Waters become the writer he became as a result of Syds untimely downfall. Rodgers waters would go on to write most of the songs in Dark Side of The Moon. Therfore Syd staying in the band = no Dark Side of The Moon and certainly no David Gilmore and no Shine on You Crazy Diamond. In summary Syd would continue to compose and write their songs. Leading to the band leaning towards his writing style that while very artistic and obscure no structure or theme. They would continue doing trippy songs leading to them falling jnto obscurity and not becoming mainstream.
Octopushands
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Octopushands »

WebBrown wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:37 pm
Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:39 pm Another thing, 1967 didn't have the "duty of care" record labels apparently are supposed to have.
Exactly what rest of the band intended to do after Syd was already a rock icon ...Show to him a nicer side of humankind ... So, he was a totally nut because he knew who Arnold Layne actually is ...
Although he may have been a icon I don't think Syd saw himself as such. I think his pull away from the band towards the end was a result of his drifting noncoherent thought process from heavy acid use.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Octopushands wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:43 am Although he may have been a icon I don't think Syd saw himself as such. I think his pull away from the band towards the end was a result of his drifting noncoherent thought process from heavy acid use.
Let me tell you something about LSD or something very similiar I have work with and it is about Iboga plant ... First of all,
my work is concern to a syndrome called ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder that occurs in adolescent period and
you have widely in use a medicine like Aderall or Ritalin where both are very much a same as amphetamines that are given
just to keep you docile and obedient or let me say more productive in school... I think a lot of us here have shared something
common as we were kids ... Now, those Amphetamines will give you a bit warmth around heart to stay more productive, but they
will not solve a problem while on the other side Iboga plant has both amphetamines and opioid properties, but it does not work
as them ... In other words, Iboga plant has only properties from both and it will work as it is supposed to be... For example, it will create more endorphin in more natural way or to be precise it creates endorphin while you are dreaming and there is an entire mathematical form where it is shown that Iboga plant is one and only cure for ADHD and other problems as well ...

It will help you to better understand yourself and even show to a subject entire road he must take ...
Still there is a problem when it comes to LSD or Iboga and it is not in people brain or thoughts then entire soul and Syd was
very huge and great person ...

To be more precise - You have a dozen people here on earth who simply cannot understand anything about music or other magical things we do ...
So as a result, beside humanity we have a problem being blinded to see our inner enemy from the day of our birth while Syd understand it completely, so he just move on further ... Maybe he continues searching for immortality ... Who knows? Maybe he did ?
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

I think you cannot have an opinion from a monkey and solve a table of truth in math with his thoughts and prove LSD, Iboga or mescaline are actually good to use ...
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:10 pm
WebBrown wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:23 pm Here is some interesting part in C.C books that confirm same thing Syd have saw :
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/870595 ... -depths-of
Interesting read.
I am very glad you have found C.C books and Don Juan view of world interesting ...It is at least something I have expected form you, my friend ...I think I could call you as a friend or at least failover traveler in all this shit where Syd just flip one side of coin, but in the end there is no big difference between him and let me say two of us or a lot other people...So, I have one question for you ... Do you think we all are a bit lost and outspoken... I think, tell me how you feel about ... Just answer me something ... I think I would be glad to talk with somebody...

Also I could tell you something about separate reality that I know very well, but only if you are interested .. I must have to say and please sorry, but separate reality is a vital fact when it comes to DSOTM and especially those colors trough prism ...
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I think that for the absolutely hugest of hugest bands, it's a combination of factors including happy accidents that get them where they were. So, one small change and The Beatles might never have made it out of Liverpool and members would have been in lesser bands. The same for Floyd. They were huge, and there are perhaps many small changes or things that didn't happen that would have led them down a less stellar path. Syd staying in the band would be a huge change, not just a little change. And, I think that most changes to Floyd, its members, and history, would have resulted in them being less 'huge', because PF really are one of the biggest bands of all time.

Roger might not have been the writer he later became. Dave might not have written many songs at all, as that is something that developed (very well) in the context of a Syd-less Floyd. Rick was already writing songs - perhaps he would have written even more, but in a different style.

There are so many possibilities, but I think that pretty much any change would have led them to be of a huge, historic, band. Because when you're at the toppermost of the whatevermost, mostly, the only way is down from there if things were different.

As an analogy, it's like you shake a bag of coins, and you look inside and they're all perfectly stacked up in a column. If you shake the bag even a little bit, it's incredibly unlikely to be quite as perfect. I think of the biggest bands as being like the column of coins. Everything came together just right.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Ok, I think I am going to flush a toilet and say how I see PF and DSOTM as album that is perfect ode to immortality ... Yes I see all four of them as immortals and direct proof would be theirs music and thoose colors trough prism that represent separate reality that is hidden from us and consist from black eggs around people ... Now, some eggs are thin and thick while others are a bit fat and chubby while you have a normal ones that describe a real people ... As somebody who could see them will made his heartbeat faster and evaporate tears to the point where you would be immortal, a real one who is free from all bounds with wings to fly ... In other words a crow, exactly ... I guess it is a learning to fly or whatever ...

While, on the other side you have Syd who saw difference when it comes to those three types of people, but he didnot saw those colors or eggs ... In other words he was still on the ground ... I very well remember a joke among PF members when it comes to acid period including a lot psychedelic stuff where Syd was teased like `` Just take a look Syd everybody else see something different, so you are not alone ``...
Scarecrow was also funny to them ...

I know all this is shaking a ground when it comes to PF and stuff that people know about them, but in all honesty just take a look around and you will see a tons of shit those people have created including fear we do feel when it comes to something as sorrow is, but most important thing is a public opinion where something like immortality and all other stuff we know about simply cannot be seen and recognized as a truth and same thing is with PF ... It is impossible for them to understand...

I think answer on question why something so magical and good cannot be immortal from very start, I found answer is simple : It is because us ! If somebody who is a human can be nothing at all or just empty space then why everything would open a door for anybody and therefore one should do impossible things so he could see all... In the end it is same for everybody as it was for Syd ...

I hope ...

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon ...