NPF forum

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

NPF forum

Post by twcc »

Good to see the forum is back, it has been quiet for the last few days

<ii>
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: NPF forum

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Yes it has! But luckily, now it's back! <ii>
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Yes, great to see Neptune Pink Floyd is back!! \:D/
I got afraid it wouldn't return. <.8.>
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

NPF is back! <ii>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjoPWxmOCtc
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Did it go somewhere?

I keep hearing LL Cool J saying "don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years!"
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

My hosting company moved my server and didn't restart it. I was away on holiday in New York and didn't notice sorry. :-;
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I've been browsing the forum over the last day. Felt a bit nostalgic for the place and I have to say it's still wonderful. There's a style to the interaction that is so different to FB and the like, the forum feels much more friendly. It's great to see threads and recent posts by many of the old guard straight away too. Just browsing the General Discussion section I see Massed Gadgets, moodyblue, Moom, Meddler, Damnit!, nosaj, snifferdog, and Jambo's I'm Drunk thread still hanging in there :) Although there is a sadness to how little people post these days. I built my first online friendships through this site and have even met up with a fair number of forum members over the years, friendships that still stand today. In fact I'll most likely be going to a gig this weekend with an NPF'er and will be visiting another to do some recording in just over 2 weeks. I got so much from this site, the friendships I just mentioned, the wonderful sense of achievement from the tribute projects and the sheer awe of the tireless efforts from everyone involved, I may have co-ordinated those projects but the community pulling together made them happen. Even a bit of hob-nobbing getting exclusives for the site which afforded me the opportunity to do things like spend a day with Snowy White, or tackle the torment of trying to decide wether or not to send Keith footage of a drunken Sam Brown saying "hello" to the websites users :) Big thanks to Keith for making all these things happen. It would be marvellous if we could brainstorm any ideas to return the forum to its former glory, sadly I think the internet is a different kind of place now but even if we could get it bustling a little again that would be marvellous.

Lastly, I was saddened to see a few posts informing of members that have passed away. Posts that not only give us the tragic news but also serve to remind that NPF wasn't a bunch of faceless people posting online. It became a group of friends and the genuine loss felt in those posts for those wonderful people who are no longer with us is heartbreaking. Despite the large number of us who have never actually met, and probably will never meet, we spent a hell of a lot of evenings hanging out together.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

It's kind of strange for me to think that it's been ten years since the Tribute project...and almost ten since Double Core.

Sometimes, I'll come across some of my work discs for my contributions, listen to them and still feel that "yeah, but I want to fix this, this and this before the deadline...which is today," kind of mild panic. Good times!

Someone should see if they can find another Pink Floyd "new album" hoax with a track listing. \:D/
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

This is how rumours start.... :lol:
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

mosespa wrote:Someone should see if they can find another Pink Floyd "new album" hoax with a track listing. \:D/
This surfaced in September 2014:
Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Post by Phantom Turnip »

Hudini wrote:
mosespa wrote:Someone should see if they can find another Pink Floyd "new album" hoax with a track listing. \:D/
Talk about being completely wrong on all accounts! Maybe I'll task myself with making this album. :lol:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I've been browsing the forum over the last day. Felt a bit nostalgic for the place and I have to say it's still wonderful. There's a style to the interaction that is so different to FB and the like, the forum feels much more friendly. It's great to see threads and recent posts by many of the old guard straight away too. Just browsing the General Discussion section I see Massed Gadgets, moodyblue, Moom, Meddler, Damnit!, nosaj, snifferdog, and Jambo's I'm Drunk thread still hanging in there :) Although there is a sadness to how little people post these days. I built my first online friendships through this site and have even met up with a fair number of forum members over the years, friendships that still stand today. In fact I'll most likely be going to a gig this weekend with an NPF'er and will be visiting another to do some recording in just over 2 weeks. I got so much from this site, the friendships I just mentioned, the wonderful sense of achievement from the tribute projects and the sheer awe of the tireless efforts from everyone involved, I may have co-ordinated those projects but the community pulling together made them happen. Even a bit of hob-nobbing getting exclusives for the site which afforded me the opportunity to do things like spend a day with Snowy White, or tackle the torment of trying to decide wether or not to send Keith footage of a drunken Sam Brown saying "hello" to the websites users :) Big thanks to Keith for making all these things happen. It would be marvellous if we could brainstorm any ideas to return the forum to its former glory, sadly I think the internet is a different kind of place now but even if we could get it bustling a little again that would be marvellous.

Lastly, I was saddened to see a few posts informing of members that have passed away. Posts that not only give us the tragic news but also serve to remind that NPF wasn't a bunch of faceless people posting online. It became a group of friends and the genuine loss felt in those posts for those wonderful people who are no longer with us is heartbreaking. Despite the large number of us who have never actually met, and probably will never meet, we spent a hell of a lot of evenings hanging out together.
SDP you also have to take credit for a weekend of tribute bands in Brighton all squabbling over who would play comfortably numb and being involved in the healthy ROIO sharing that used to go on here
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Hudini wrote:
This made me laugh because for a moment, I thought you were simply posting a picture of TER track listing. :D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Hudini wrote:
Wasn't there also a tracklist and even album art for another Pink Floyd album in the lat 00's?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Dude...you found the first one. See if you can find that one and we'll get another forum-wide project cooking. :D