Nick Mason interviewed about Pink Floyd, Abbey Road, and his Saucerful Of Secrets

Discuss Nick Mason, Drumming, Cars, Saucerful of Secrets touring band and more!
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Nick Mason interviewed about Pink Floyd, Abbey Road, and his Saucerful Of Secrets

Post by space triangle »

https://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/n ... of-se.html

Hopefully many of you have now received your copies of the truly excellent Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets Live At The Roundhouse - out today - and we'd love to know what you think of it! Do please get in touch to let us know your thoughts...As is normal for this sort of release, there's been plenty of interviews (indeed, we've included some here on the site already) but today there's been one with a bit of a difference. Nick has spoken to the team at the legendary Abbey Road Studios whilst he was there during the mixing of the album. Sitting in the reconfigured Studio Three, Nick talks about the studios, Pink Floyd, and the Saucerful Of Secrets project:
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Nick Mason interviewed about Pink Floyd, Abbey Road, and his Saucerful Of Secrets

Post by Annoying Twit »

Oh dear, I've fallen behind the curve and didn't realise the release had actually happened. Just placed my order now.
CharlieBoy
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Nick Mason interviewed about Pink Floyd, Abbey Road, and his Saucerful Of Secrets

Post by CharlieBoy »

There's also a great article in today's Telegraph here:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/inter ... n/#comment

Enjoy 8)
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I've received my copy of the Blu-Ray in the post, and it really is very good indeed. It's so good to hear those songs played well and recorded with excellent sound and visual quality. When the bass kicked in on the first track I just though 'Oh, yes!'.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It will be interesting to see where Nick and the band get in the top 100 albums chart. I have just committed myself to listeng to the top ten singles whatever they are this week! Due out in a couple of hours.

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

#5. Not bad, IMHO.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

They got to No 5 in the charts
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

azza200 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:35 pm They got to No 5 in the charts
AT posted the No.5 news a few hours ago ... remember, although the recording entered at No.5, who knows it may go higher next week.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Well 2020 has been an odd one for album sales. Bands go from "OUTSELLING EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE TOP TEN!!" in the first week, to dropping down to number 25 the second week.
And it looks like the third week when I'll be able to do my bit!
But still, I'd be happy with a top 5. Easily the best chart performance released under his name and not the band's. (Even though etc...)
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Great for Nick. Next week, he maybe goes to the top! Who knows, the chart-week record of TDSOTM could be in danger now! 8)
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

How about Billboard top 200 Albums list? Are Nick's Saucerful Of Secrets on the list?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

space triangle wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:17 am Great for Nick. Next week, he maybe goes to the top! Who knows, the chart-week record of TDSOTM could be in danger now! 8)
In a few hours, we shall find out! Hopefully he has gone up a little, but 5 was a good effort.

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Nick and his 'Saucerful Of Secrets' is now No.84. :? ](*,)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Slightly disappointing but to enter at number 5 amongst lots of big selling "modern" artists the kids are buying... not bad.

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/nick ... sition-was
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Better chart position and shelf life than The Madcap Laughs had! (One week at number 40)