Radio KAOS Live at Wembley '87 DVD

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Radio KAOS Live at Wembley '87 DVD

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

...now that we have new and improved versions of The Delicate Sound of Thunder and Live at Knebworth '90, when will we see a 4K UHD Blu Ray of the Radio K.A.O.S. tour? And, given Roger's now very successful solo career and pious fanbase, would it be well received?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Radio KAOS Live at Wembley '87 DVD

Post by azza200 »

as long as he does not let Sean near the audio it may be good if he ever releases something live from this era
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

:lol:

Did they film any of the shows? I feel like I once had a VOIO, but it wasn't terribly entertaining to watch; single-camera and all of that.

But...I could also have just been very stoned and listening to a ROIO. *shrug*

Good times! <ii> <ii>
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Post by thefinalmutt »

azza200 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:51 pm as long as he does not let Sean near the audio it may be good if he ever releases something live from this era
don't you mean Nigel ?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

haha yeah correct Nigel
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

"When Metromedia sold their radio stations in 1987 the KMET staff in Los Angeles went into paroxysms of maudlin outrage at the quashing of their decades long ego trip. The new rival KLOS smelled monopoly and so invited the KMET "collective" to emote publicly over all the good they had done the music "community" under hostile conditions (of their own making). In reality they hadn't done shit for music for ten years. (Check out the stone megalomania of Roger Waters' concept album Radio KAOS, Jim Ladd's contribution to it and his own fictionalized, hallucinated memoir, Radio Waves" - Joe Carducci, Rock And The Pop Narcotic
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

Just take any soundboard and give me a three (or four!) LP version.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

thefinalmutt wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:53 am
azza200 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:51 pm as long as he does not let Sean near the audio it may be good if he ever releases something live from this era
don't you mean Nigel ?
Do people not like Nigel Godrich here? I thought he did a wonderful job with the production he did for Waters (though I'm also a massive Radiohead fan so my bias may be a little skewed there)
battra wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:39 am Just take any soundboard and give me a three (or four!) LP version.
This but also for any Pink Floyd live recordings too. A 3 LP set of Live at the Empire Pool would make me infinitely happy.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:57 am
thefinalmutt wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:53 am

don't you mean Nigel ?
Do people not like Nigel Godrich here? I thought he did a wonderful job with the production he did for Waters (though I'm also a massive Radiohead fan so my bias may be a little skewed there)
battra wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:39 am Just take any soundboard and give me a three (or four!) LP version.
This but also for any Pink Floyd live recordings too. A 3 LP set of Live at the Empire Pool would make me infinitely happy.
I'm crazy for live albums.

In the Pink Floyd realm, including boots, I have at least 8 on vinyl and I want more.

It drives me nuts that Pink Floyd never released a live record from the glory days.