64%
Radio KAOS
36%

Total votes: 33

mosespa

Re: A Momentary Lapse of Reason vs Radio KAOS

Post by mosespa »

The Gunner's Dream wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:48 am :lol:
Brings back memories of the old days. Thanks guys.
Full disclosure: My interactions with Zippy caused me to send him a PM asking him if he was the guy who brought me to this board in the first place.

Sadly, the answer was negative.

On the plus side, though, it looks like we've got someone new-ish (no idea of the age,) who brings that classic Vintage Vibe to the forum.

This thread has been the most fun I've had on this forum in literally a decade.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

And A Momentary Lapse of Reason wins by a landslide!
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

mosespa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:36 pm On the plus side, though, it looks like we've got someone new-ish (no idea of the age,) who brings that classic Vintage Vibe to the forum.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

mosespa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:32 pm Vanity is a superstition?
It's not a big leap from "if I keep dancing, I'll stay young and I won't die" to "if we keep dancing, it'll rain and we won't die."
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:21 pm And A Momentary Lapse of Reason wins by a landslide!
And Britney Spears has still sold more copies of one album than the two of those combined.

What's your point?

Oh...I get it, you're trying to be an edgy misanthrope ("no reason to reproduce without a God, because keeping the human race going isn't a good enough reason,") who thinks that children are only good for molesting and you hate Donald Trump.

Democrat all the way, eh?

Do you still call other people "cultists" whilst voting blue, no matter who?
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I don't know about all this shit but I do know Zippy knows how to yank your chain :D. It's been a long time since someone could get you posting so much but I'm glad to see you involved.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I've had a lot of free time lately and he reminds me of someone I was pretty fond of.

He's not pulling my chain; I'm using him. 😉
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I kinda got that idea.Been a long time since you had this much fun here. :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Also, the pussy Collectivist Douchebags had me locked out of Fascbook two months ago, so I figure it's clear to return.

Things like Zippy and me are what made places like this awesome, before said pussies started throwing their rattles out of their prams and refusing to stop.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Rattle that lock, yank that chain!

Is there a shortage of people somewhere, anywhere? People shit out kids left and right before they reach drinking age. If you feel competent and compelled to raise a child, you're in luck! The government will gladly let you foster or adopt a few that someone else didn't pull out in time for. Even the secondhand market isn't cheap, but if you can't afford it, maybe you shouldn't be willing to conceive a severely disadvantaged child in the first place. Whatever wonderful affliction your parents and grandparents died from? There's no need to pass that shit on to someone else shortly before it snuffs you out too. Right, wrong, or indifferent, the human race doesn't need you to save it. People like to believe that all of their junky friends and family members become angels that watch over them, but that would be ancestor worship, which isn't actually part of any widespread belief systems, and certainly not whatever particular brand of abrahamic horse shit you were indoctrinated with.

So, is there anything you do agree with Roger on? He has long claimed to be an atheist, but he's probably just trying to be an edgy misanthrope. David doesn't publicly discuss it often, but as far back as the early '80s stated that he's an atheist.
mosespa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:52 pm He's not pulling my chain; I'm using him. 😉
This is the only way he can get an erection ever since that insurrection petered out.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I know, remember I've been around here 20 years as well. Seen this place rock and then ebb and flow. Like it better when it's busy. Can always use a shit mixer to get things jumping.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:05 am People like to believe that all of their junky friends and family members become angels that watch over them, but that would be ancestor worship, which isn't actually part of any widespread belief systems, and certainly not whatever particular brand of abrahamic horse shit you were indoctrinated with.
Crikey this thread is going all sorts of places innit? I'm not even sure where to begin to respond to this, much as I really really want to.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:05 am Is there a shortage of people somewhere, anywhere? People shit out kids left and right before they reach drinking age.
It is true that there is a problem with teenage parents, but that's on account of very shitty sexual education. Teach teens who are about to start having sex about birth control and that wouldn't be nearly as big an issue.
ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:05 am If you feel competent and compelled to raise a child, you're in luck! The government will gladly let you foster or adopt a few that someone else didn't pull out in time for.
That's a distressingly cynical viewpoint. Lots of kids get put up for adoption for reasons that aren't just "shit I just knocked the missus up and we're only seventeen fuck what do we do?"
ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:05 am Even the secondhand market isn't cheap, but if you can't afford it, maybe you shouldn't be willing to conceive a severely disadvantaged child in the first place.
You're not entirely wrong about that. I think if you're gonna have kids you should make sure you can provide for them. It's common sense really.
ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:05 am Whatever wonderful affliction your parents and grandparents died from? There's no need to pass that shit on to someone else shortly before it snuffs you out too. Right, wrong, or indifferent, the human race doesn't need you to save it. People like to believe that all of their junky friends and family members become angels that watch over them, but that would be ancestor worship, which isn't actually part of any widespread belief systems, and certainly not whatever particular brand of abrahamic horse shit you were indoctrinated with.
I'm just not sure how to respond to this. It might be the most cynical thing I have read on this forum, or even in general. And I am a Gen Z kid, and most of us have already subscribed to the "fuck it we're all gonna be dead in 40 years so what's the point" mentality (one I cannot personally subscribe to because the effects it would have on my mental health would be disastrous).
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:05 am
This is the only way he can get an erection ever since that insurrection petered out.
Huh-huh...you said "petered."
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.