Pink Floyd / David Gilmour ripping off The Alan Parsons Project & others?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Eclipse

Re: Pink Floyd / David Gilmour ripping off The Alan Parsons Project & others?

Post by Eclipse »

what took me by surprise were not the song similarities themselves, but the fact that I've completely forgotten what "raven" means and then had to google it
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

I did not listen Raven from APP before, so I give it a go and I did not find any similarities with HH at all, but then again speaking about a lot other songs from APP I must say he share a lot common with DB and I donot think about riffs at all, then more entire music in general and lyrics, but then again that would be me …

I really like how both E.A.Poe and APP pay attention to absolute ‘nothing’ as something great and very much alive … I think it is ‘theirs’ will that made them both so good …

Speaking about APP songs I really love ‘Nothing left to lose’ especially how music change after 2/3 of song right after words ‘nothing left to say …
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Can you please comment in your native language? We will find a suitable online translation service.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

No, I gues you will proubably need to live with my English and get used to a fact that I am a bit different then you are…
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:34 am Can you please comment in your native language? We will find a suitable online translation service.
The forum rules are that people post in English. Let's be a little more tolerant of the fact English is not everyone's first language. I couldn't order a coffee in a foreign language, so WebBrown is doing just fine. :)
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I've been tolerating it all month while others have also commented on it, but a lot of WebBrown's posts don't make any sense. It's actually kind of rude to make them post in English rather than adding an automatic translation feature to the forum. You might as well add it now since Standard Chinese will become the lingua franca in less than 20 years.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:51 am You might as well add it now since Standard Chinese will become the lingua franca in less than 20 years.
I'll be dead in 15.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

WebBrown wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:51 pm

Speaking about APP songs I really love ‘Nothing left to lose’ especially how music change after 2/3 of song right after words ‘nothing left to say …
this version is amazing! check this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKB7GYDm4jo
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Yes, thanks kindly to both of you I assume , especially to you ‘eclipse… It is a great version, although I love more stuff like Warren Zevon does, but I think this is not place and time for him, sadly… I gues I have to explore a bit more when it comes to AP music and so far I find both Eye in the sky and The turn of a friendly very great … Any suggestions ?

I understand my english is not par excellence, but speaking about bare words I donot see why somebody should get so arroused since words itself have no meaning at all, beside poetry off course…
In best regard, I donot think everything is made from thin paper …
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Keith Jordan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:40 pm I'll be dead in 15.
So will everyone in Pink Floyd, and that tit Roger Waters too.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:49 am Again, I immediately regret listening to anything referenced on this forum. "The Raven" has very few musical ideas, and it runs each one of them into the ground.
It has more ideas than some Floyd songs! :?
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

DarkSideFreak wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:52 pm It has more ideas than some Floyd songs! :?
We’ll, off course in Raven you’ll find more ideas then in a lot PF songs as Cymbaline or Scarecrow for example, especially in E.A. Poe’s Raven, but how or could you be more specific ?
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Speaking about ‘nevermore’ while tappin’, you could go either way, still I found nothing in between Raven and those words …
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

Good reminder Ziggy, I need to go sleeping…