1971 live albums mysteriously appear on Spotify

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Eclipse

Re: 1971 live albums mysteriously appear on Spotify

Post by Eclipse »

ow damn, we'll have to wait until 2027 to have Animal Instincts available on spotify
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

So how do you stop unofficial releases of your material - you officially release it and then anybody sharing it on places like Youtube and Yeesh are then committing copyright infringements.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

drafsack wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:09 pm So how do you stop unofficial releases of your material - you officially release it and then anybody sharing it on places like Youtube and Yeesh are then committing copyright infringements.
Technically, these were always copyright infringements. However, I don't think PF are intending to crack down on the trading circles; this is more about people wanting to profiteer from the end of mechanical copyright and not allowing to let these recordings fall into public domain so nobody can sell them on a for-profit CD.
Gslatner
Axe
Axe

Post by Gslatner »

The quality of these recordings is total crap. They are definitely bootleg material they should just burned the original recordings. Also shame on Pink Floyd and their management for not making these live recordings professionally. No one would even give a crap about the bootlegs had they released quality live performances.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think it's just for copyright reasons.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Keith Jordan wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:22 pm I think it's just for copyright reasons.
Establish a copyright and then release it yourself - after all they are running out of income streams
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Master_Chief wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:53 am So I woke up this morning and like most Friday mornings I checked my release radar on Spotify only to find 11 - yes 11 - live albums from 1971.

Was this expected? They definitely sound like bootlegs and not proper soundboard recordings.
You have been making the news! Classic Rock magazine has been inspired by you....

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/pink-fl ... streaming/
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

Haha, that’s pretty cool!! 8) 8)
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

drafsack wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:47 am Establish a copyright and then release it
Yes, precisely. It was to establish a copyright, so that it would not fall into public domain, which would allow anyone to make a commercial CD (or something else, physical or digital) out of it. The interesting possibility is that we might get more of these each year, so stay tuned. \:D/
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Hadrian wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:15 pm The interesting possibility is that we might get more of these each year, so stay tuned. \:D/
Man I really really hope so. A CD set of the 1974 Wembley tapes all in one place would be bloody wonderful for example, or some cleaned up In the Flesh stuff.
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

Cruel But Fair from 1975 would be nice with a little cleaning up. Decent quality with the likes of Raving and Drooling and Shine On as well as Dark Side in its entirety and ending with Echoes 8)
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Not sure if anyone's noticed, but these live albums have just as mysteriously vanished.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

No surprise there. The very first 50 years copyright release I came across was back in 2013 by The Beatles, called The Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963. It was a hefty package of 59 tracks, many of them more live at the BBC selections, but the real treat were Beatles demos for two unreleased tracks ("Bad to me" and "I'm in Love"; both were given to other artists). Anyhow, it was available on iTunes for only 7 days, and then it disappeared forever. If there is more Pink Floyd like this (or anything else of interest), buy the download promptly, forget about streaming. The Beatles official social media actually announced the package back in 2013, and how long it would sell - in Pink Floyd's case, there was radio silence about it all.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:05 am Not sure if anyone's noticed, but these live albums have just as mysteriously vanished.
Get ready for some '72 boots
tapeoplarry
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tapeoplarry »

Damn, anyone know where these might exist now for download?