John Lennon Was Shot Dead On This Day In 1980

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

John Lennon Was Shot Dead On This Day In 1980

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

:(
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

There are no words to describe what a waste his assassination was.

There are also no words to describe what a waste Mark David Chapman is.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Why can't assasins have taste, john lennon was murdered? Can Mark Chapman come with me, i beleive i know where George Michael lives.

"You gotta have faith"

No George, you gotta have talent.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

I also reckon when Mark Chapman comes out off jail he's going to get assasonated to by a mad fan.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I recon Mark was brainwashed by the FBI and made to want to kill Lennon!! :)
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Did you know aparantly mark was the last person to see him before the assasination? On the morning of the day he asked John for his autograph, got it and killed him in the afternoon.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Another afterthought, who's better, pink floyd or the beatles?

I reckon the beatles were the better of the 2 bands undoubtuly, although i do certainly prefer pink floyd hence my participation in this forum.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Here's an extensive summary of the Lennon assassination:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/classics4/chapman/

I think Pink Floyd and The Beatles are the two best bands of all-time. Nobody is going to argue The Beatles were not the most popular band of all-time. I doubt any band will ever be bigger than they were.

Pink Floyd are my favorite band, but that might change. I have been listening to nothing except The Beatles lately (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is on right now [With A Little Help From My Friends, probably my favorite track on the album, just ended]).

Lennon's tracks on Double Fantasy are extremely good IMO, and who knows what he could have done the past twenty years. He was perhaps the greatest musician of the 20th Century.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Pink Floyd is my favorite band but I think The Beatles are the best band of all time. Few musicians have really changed the trend of music and really defined an era like the Beatles did. Right before them it was Elvis who reached that lofty status and it was the Beatles who knocked him off of that. There have been other great bands that followed such as the Stones, Zeppelin and The Who to name a few, but they all owe their lofty status to the Beatles. Hard to believe they only recorded for 6-7 years.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

quicksilver wrote:Hard to believe they only recorded for 6-7 years.
From 1962 to 1970, the Beatles recorded 214 songs. I think that's amazing.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

What the hell does IMO stand for? In asking i'm sure it's something really obvious.

Clearly guys the best beatles album was The Beatles (or to you and me, the white album) which featured such classics as Happiness Is a Warm Gun and While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

David Smith wrote:What the hell does IMO stand for? In asking i'm sure it's something really obvious.

Clearly guys the best beatles album was The Beatles (or to you and me, the white album) which featured such classics as Happiness Is a Warm Gun and While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
IMO = In my opinion
IMHO = in my humble onion

Yeah, I like disk one of the white album, its the joint, but I think the second disk is rather lacking.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

David Smith wrote:What the hell does IMO stand for? In asking i'm sure it's something really obvious.

While I think The White Album is awesome, I like Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band more. Virtually all of their stuff from Rubber Soul to Abbey Road is great. I don't care for much of their really early works (i.e., all of the early love songs).
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

I don't like Sgt Peppers much. The songs on it are to poppy, that is except A Day In The Life which is unquestionablely brilliant.
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

Every era of Beatles music has its merits. It still amazing to think that the entire recording career of the group amounted to less than 8 years, or roughly the same amount of time since we last had a Pink Floyd related album of new material. Now that's perspective for you!
As far as my favourite Beatles album goes, it really depends when you ask me. At the moment it's RUBBER SOUL, but a week from now it might be ABBEY ROAD or WITH THE BEATLES. But that's one of the great things about The Beatles.
With solo Lennon the best material is the first two solo albums, SOMEWHERE IN NEW YORK CITY is quite frankly awful, MIND GAMES is OK, WALLS AND BRIDGES had great songs but was over-produced, likewise ROCK & ROLL, and the songs on DOUBLE FANTASY and MILK & HONEY are among the best solo work he did. But the albums have a whole different meaning now than what John intended. I still choke up when I listen to "Grow Old With Me".