WHO is your favourite Pink Floyd member?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Who Is your favourite Pink Floyd member?

Roger Waters
30%
Syd Barrett
16%
David Gilmour
30%
Nick Mason
3%
Richard Wright
10%
I don't have a favorite. I like them together best.
10%

Total votes: 69

Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: WHO is your favourite Pink Floyd member?

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I do like all of them, and how they worked together as a creative unit, but I'm going to go with Nick as he is the one who has done his best to be the glue that holds it all together, he's been the best documenter of the journey, and is the one who has carried on the spirit with his band Saucerful of Secrets. He deserves more love!
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Ideas for future threads:

- Which pink floyd member had the best haircut in 1980?

-Which pink floyd member has the most paranoid eyes?

-Which member of pink floyd is the fire dog in Chinese astrology?

- WHO is your least favourite pink floyd member?
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Kerry King wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:09 am-Which pink floyd member has the most paranoid eyes?

Definitely Roger. :lol:

Miss Kat
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Miss Kat »

It's Dave Gilmour for me.. his guitar takes me places..
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

scarecrow wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:37 amI don't get any sense of an appetite for musical exploration from Waters since The Wall or perhaps TFC...
space triangle wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:49 pm 'Ça Ira'? He explored the opera.

And, Another Brick in the Wall: The Opera, as well.

And, there is Igor Stravinsky's The Soldier's Tale too.

Rog is not afraid to explore a different things. 8)
Ça Ira was not well-received by the opera community, or Les Mis fans. I've never even found a die-hard Waters fan that enjoys it on any level. And this is what he was supposedly working on for over a decade following Amused to Death, instead of making new albums.

Another Brick in the Wall: The Opera was not his idea, and he repeatedly refused to go along with it and said it would be an "unmitigated disaster". The composer kept working on it anyway until he was able to send Roger MIDI-generated renditions of the music and convince him to give his blessing as the "librettist"; that was extent of Roger's involvement. Also, not well-received as an opera.

Igor Stravinsky's The Soldier's Tale Narrated By Roger Waters is basically an audiobook version of a theatrical work to mark it's 100th anniversary. It was recorded in two days. I would much rather see him try to stage a rock version of it, and I'd rather listen to David Bowie Narrates Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf, circa 1978.

https://youtu.be/VbsBJKDjLQM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyMQK87SkG0

Side note: Roger has been actively involved in creating a Broadway musical version of The Wall for...17 years. By 2010, he'd already rewritten it four times. It will apparently include songs from Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, and other albums, so hopefully David is exercising his power of veto.