Don't Know!
22%

Total votes: 23

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Today Nick Mason, tomorrow Pink Floyd?

Post by Keith Jordan »

Nick Mason played drums for Roger Waters at Wembley! Does this mean that there is a possibility of Pink Floyd getting Roger Waters back in the band and doing a great world tour like the world has never seen??

Discuss... :D :D :D
Last edited by Keith Jordan on Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I think it would be nice to think that Roger would get back with Pink Floyd,and amaze the world again,it's every Floyd's fan's fantasy,but if i am honest,i really could not see it happen,because i think Roger is just not interested in the idea,i mean David Gilmour did ask Roger to play Dark Side Of The Moon with them at Earl's Court,and he turned him down,but in saying that,he has been playing with Nick Mason,so maybe there is somthing on the cards,maybe a one off concert would be cool.Keep your fingers crossed. :lol:
summer68
Axe
Axe

Post by summer68 »

i definitely don't see this happening because rick and dave don't like roger at all
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

How about Nick Mason and Roger Waters touring together without Rick and David AS Pink Floyd?

Why not? Who would really care? It's not like the name hasn't been whored before.

:lol:
pinktim
Axe
Axe

Lynchpin

Post by pinktim »

Nick would appear to be the lynchpin on which all of this appears. I have been thinking about this whole thing and what I have been reading over the last few months really points to something happening very soon. The conclusion I keep coming up against is that Roger is ready to get back with the band. And, I think that Rick and David are in the same position.

In the history of Pink Floyd there have been times when these types of things have happened and then something very unexpected takes place.

Nick is the go between all parties on the reunion. Nick did say in a recent interview that none of the talk has never pointed to them never doing anything again. Only that no one was ready to do anything right now. And, it was Nick who said wait and see what happens.

I am just going to wait and see.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Given the recent death of John Entwistle, perhaps David Gilmour will never tour again. He did say in a recent interview something to the effect of "I'm too old and fat to tour again. Touring is a young man's game."

I hear "The Who" tour is going on. The show must always go on, and if Gilmour doesn't want to tour anymore, so what? I mean, he's not "Pink Floyd," right? If "The Who" can go on as essentially a two-man lineup, why not "Pink Floyd" as well? It is Gilmour who once said, "Anybody who does (claims to be Pink Floyd) is extremely arrogant." He also once said that "Pink Floyd" is bigger than its members. Certainly "The Jolly One" won't have a problem with a two-man or three-man "Pink Floyd" lineup, right? Right!

Maybe it's time for a Rick Wright, Nick Mason and Roger Waters lineup! Or maybe just a Nick Mason and Roger Waters lineup! Oh yeah!

The show must go on.
pinktim
Axe
Axe

A Bit Of Your Own

Post by pinktim »

I swear if you don't watch it you are going to have a heart attack. You have to lighten up on these things.

You seem to me to be a woman. I have never seen a person mor bitchier than you. I have just read a few of your posts and I get that feeling already. You need to lighten up.

It certainly is a sad girl who see these things. Isn't it?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Who are you on about in your post??
pinktim
Axe
Axe

On About

Post by pinktim »

Oh, he knows who she is.

It is one of those cross board dressing things.

Just between a few of us, honey. Not to worry.
revolver66us

not happening

Post by revolver66us »

:cry: i think that pink floyd will always be separated. richard and rodger will never get along. just go to a rodger/nick concert and a nick/richard/dave concert....even doses of floyd
cheers! graham
johnfloy

PF Back Together

Post by johnfloy »

It will be great if the floyd did get back together. But I am with everyone else...it doesn't look like it will ever happen especially whith Rick and Roger...

In reponse to an earlier post...you can' have that great Pink Floyd sound with out David Gilmours Stratocaster back there. I mean Roger Waters tour and the dvd was awesome, but it just wasn't as good as P.U.L.S.E. with Big Dave on guitar.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I agree John about the Roger Waters sound. There is certainly something missing from the plate without mr Sausage fingers there!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

David is great. Only joking if you are reading, mate! I know you are on these boards often Mr Gilmour!!
jtcoops

comment on In the Flesh - after Wish you Were Here

Post by jtcoops »

Might just be a reference to the stadium size crowds that Gilmour's Floyd attracts, but at the end of Wish You Were Here on In The Flesh, Waters mutters "How I wish THEY were here". One can only speculate as to whom he was referring.
floydnut

mason + waters=floyd?

Post by floydnut »

Highly unlikely, if not impossible. It would be nice, but it would also be nice if there was peace in the Middle East, which I think is likelier than Dave and Rog putting their childish bullshit behind them and getting back together. As for me, a 33-yr. old longtime fan, I'm okay with it, having seen the '88 and '94 Waters-less Floyd tours and Waters (finally) on his '00 tour (as well as backstage--he was a lot more pleasant in person than I thought he'd be). But I feel bad for my nephew, who turned 16 last June and is a budding rock guitarist; I turned him on the the band via "Dark Side" and one of his big ambitions is to see Gilmour live in a Floyd context. At least no tour means no grossly overinflated ticket prices. I have no intention of selling my house in order to pay for concert tix. In '88 the prime seats were around $20. In '94 I shelled out $33 (an indoor show), and the seats couldn't have been better. But considering what their peers are charging now (the Stones for $300? McCartney for $250? No way!), I have no doubt that a reconstituted Floyd (even without Rog) would charge through the stadium roof. I have friends who would pay anything, or so they say. But I don't wipe with fifty-dollar bills so that would leave me out. Oh well.
mostHigh
Axe
Axe

Post by mostHigh »

i'll join floyd tonight