the movies or tv shows that pf was mentioned in.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
a glazed look
Blade
Blade

the movies or tv shows that pf was mentioned in.

Post by a glazed look »

here is the list of the movies and tv shows that i saw,that mentioned pink floyd
1-Amarican beauty9when kevin was buying weed i think and he found the dark side of the moon album and said that he didnt listen to it in a long time)
2-almost famous (the dark side of the moon album was reflected on the car's window where kate hudson was driving the car)

3-the simpsons(when homer decided to become a hippie with his mother hippie friends and these guys had a juice factory and Homer wanted to help them,then he found a little garden where the hippies grew weed,so he put that weed into the factory,then people drank it and they got stoned,and homer's neighbour was in his car and the traffic light was red and he started seeing the marching hammers of another brick in the wall instead of the walking people. hahah that was awesome i laughed like a crazy :lol:
4-Friends( i forgot which epesiode but i remember that chandler said like the opining of pink floyd's shows i think he was talking about the kiss in a relationship or a date i dont remember.
hey please tell me other movies or shows that u know other than i mentioned that mentioned PF:D
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

School of Rock:

The teacher told a girl to listen to Great Gig in the Sky as a singing-lesson
a glazed look
Blade
Blade

Post by a glazed look »

oh yeah how stupid of me i forgot i even bought the movie on DVD the last month, thanx :D
floydbabe
Blade
Blade

Post by floydbabe »

On Gilmore Girls (American tv show) Pink Floyd were mentioned twice to my knowledge, once when Rory buys a new stereo, and the guy in the shop makes her buy Dark side of the moon because it sounds great with her new speakers, and this other time Rorys friend Lane says something or other about Pink Floyd, I can't remember what it was all about!

And also, on Top Model USA this one model was wearing a DSOTM shirt, but I doubt she had any idea what it was all about..!

Robbie Williams wore a Momentary Lapse of reason T shirt on MTV Cribs :D
a glazed look
Blade
Blade

Post by a glazed look »

floydbabe wrote:On Gilmore Girls (American tv show) Pink Floyd were mentioned twice to my knowledge, once when Rory buys a new stereo, and the guy in the shop makes her buy Dark side of the moon because it sounds great with her new speakers, and this other time Rorys friend Lane says something or other about Pink Floyd, I can't remember what it was all about!

And also, on Top Model USA this one model was wearing a DSOTM shirt, but I doubt she had any idea what it was all about..!

Robbie Williams wore a Momentary Lapse of reason T shirt on MTV Cribs :D

yes i saw robbie on Mtv the shirt was awesome
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

in an episode of South Park, Eric Cartmen discreetly says "ha ha charade you are" in his little smart ass voice hehe

i know this aint floyd, but u simply cant go past the "B-Sharps" episode of the Simpsons where they are singing on top of "Moe's" when George Harrison drives past and goes "Meh, been done before" hehe thats a classic!!!
carefulwiththataxe_eugene
Axe
Axe

Post by carefulwiththataxe_eugene »

The simpson's episode where Mr.Burns is trying to do good things for the environment, and he is recycling bottle and the hippy gives Mr.Burns his money and Mr.Burns says "Shine on you, crazy diamond" and the hippy says "Hey man, live in the now" or something.
katherine
Axe
Axe

Re: the movies or tv shows that pf was mentioned in.

Post by katherine »

gilmour's girl wrote:
3-the simpsons(when homer decided to become a hippie with his mother hippie friends and these guys had a juice factory and Homer wanted to help them,then he found a little garden where the hippies grew weed,so he put that weed into the factory,then people drank it and they got stoned,and homer's neighbour was in his car and the traffic light was red and he started seeing the marching hammers of another brick in the wall instead of the walking people. hahah that was awesome i laughed like a crazy :lol:
Yeah that was cool!
I can't remember a specific reference but I know PF have been mentioned on That 70's Show. I'm pretty sure Hyde wears a PF t-shirt sometimes too.
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

also in the simpsons the lollapalooza(or whatever) episode, which also had the smashing pumpkins :D . somehow (i forget) the bundled up pink floyd pig gets fired off, hits homer and floats off. then frampton says "hey i got that at pink floyd's yard sale!"

and in family peter's telling some guy how darkside syncs with the wizard of oz
Last edited by Slambient Expressway on Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeBlow
Axe
Axe

Post by JoeBlow »

fat_old_sun wrote:in an episode of South Park, Eric Cartmen discreetly says "ha ha charade you are" in his little smart ass voice hehe
Actually he does it on more then one episode! I wish someone would make a digital sample of it because it's hysterical.
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

Some movie with 'American' in the name. A guy asked a kid what she did in her free time and she said she and her friends got high and listened to old Pink Floyd records (a joke). I'll look up the name later, I saw it on TV a long time ago.

Jeopardy - There was a question about Clare Torry and Dark Side of the Moon. They spelled Clare wrong (Claire).
ally
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ally »

Powderfinger wrote:School of Rock:

The teacher told a girl to listen to Great Gig in the Sky as a singing-lesson
really? i'll have to watch it again..i love the movie and if there's a floyd reference that makes it better =D.
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Post by Any Colour »

In an episode of Eastenders about 19 years ago, Ian Beale and his pals on discoveing pot for the first time stumbled in to the Queen Vic and said amongst other gibberish "Pink Floyd's where it's at man"
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

'Well, basically can I have a condensed Pink Floyd concert for ?500?'' - Im Alan Partridge series 2

The bit in the Commitments after their first show where everything blows up and a guy says to them the next day that it was ''like a Pink Floyd concert''

Im sure theres a reference by Giles in Buffy (or someone says something to him about them) but I cant for the life of me remember what it was (I could even be imagining it).
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

Also on School of Rock, when we has the rock history stuff written up on the board and he has his fancy pointer thing, Pink Floyd is up there somewhere.
But I hate that movie.
Jangus wrote:Some movie with 'American' in the name. A guy asked a kid what she did in her free time and she said she and her friends got high and listened to old Pink Floyd records (a joke). I'll look up the name later, I saw it on TV a long time ago.
What was I thinking? The movie is called 'Beautiful Girls.'