the movies or tv shows that pf was mentioned in.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Palomafloyd wrote:I saw a movie last night, cant remember its name, about the last day of highschool....and one boy, who smoked lots of weed, had a poster of the DSOTM.....another guy was called Pink and sometimes Floyd.
It was in the 70?s of course
Dazed and Confused
Palomafloyd
Knife
Knife

Post by Palomafloyd »

flashback wrote:
Palomafloyd wrote:I saw a movie last night, cant remember its name, about the last day of highschool....and one boy, who smoked lots of weed, had a poster of the DSOTM.....another guy was called Pink and sometimes Floyd.
It was in the 70?s of course
Dazed and Confused
exactly !!
PDiamond
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Simpsons

Post by PDiamond »

mpower77 wrote:If interested in the simpsons (pink floyd) clip. E-mail me http://[email protected]. large amount of PF Greats! Also there is a great Simpsons show that is harder to get, about weed, pot ect...< email to get !
Maybe you could upload them on Google Video ? Then we all can watch it, and you don't have to send it to many PFFan's :lol:
z-man
Embryo
Embryo

Re: ?

Post by z-man »

zombywoof wrote:In an episode of the Sopranos, Tony Soprano gets his new home theater system hooked up. As he's playing with his new toy, the next scene cuts to him listening to DSOM and the end of Eclipse it playing, it shows tony sleeping on his chair.
One episode of Sopranos (can't tell you which one, but it was on Swedish television this autumn. Probably one of the 2005 episodes.) ends with "One of These Days...". Perfect choice as it was a rather violent episode as i recall.
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

I'm sure Cartman once said "Ha ha, charade you are teacher" during an episode of South Park.

The film C.R.A.Z.Y. features several Floyd songs on the soundtrack, and the DSOTM prism is painted on the wall above the main character's bed. It's a really good film.
henno

Post by henno »

stupid off topic thing, but how do you rename links??
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Henno wrote:stupid off topic thing, but how do you rename links??
like so
Whatever Text You Choose

easiest just to type Whatever Text You Choose first, highlight it, click on the URL button above, then paste "=" and the complete path of the website between the "[url" and the "]"
darkfrost12
Axe
Axe

Post by darkfrost12 »

I remember the Run Like Hell riff being used in the olympics ceremonies in either 2000, 2002, or 2004
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

on colbert report on comedy central a while back he says "shine on you crazy district"

on a girls gone wild video i saw, a girl has a wall poster in her dorm room
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

Dan Rather blurts out "If you dont eat your meat, you cant have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat!" on the Daily Show's Midterm Midtacular
Mr Tuck
Blade
Blade

Post by Mr Tuck »

cymbaline212 wrote: on a girls gone wild video i saw, a girl has a wall poster in her dorm room
LMAO! quality. Its the small things that count :D
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

On the TV show WKRP back in 1978, the character Johnny Fever was playing Dogs (the acoustic section with dogs barking). Vern Carlson was like "do I hear dogs barking on that thing" and says "here is a thing called Pigs On the Wing I wonder what that sounds like".
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

andersoncouncil wrote:What about the classic Thanksgiving episode of WKRP In Cincinnati?

Animals was played at various times throughout the show with Mr. Carlson asking Johnny Fever if that was in fact dogs barking on the record.

All of this plus turkeys being tossed from a helicopter.

"As God as my witness, Les, I thought turkeys could fly..." - Arthur Carlson, Pres. WKRP
Awesome classic! The song was Dogs. Johnny Fever said "gripping music huh".
blueeyes
Blade
Blade

Post by blueeyes »

Every now and then I'll be going past my grandmother's bedroom door and cannot figure out why in the world she's listening to One of these Days....

They keep playing it on The Weather Channel forecasts.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Stephen wrote:Bruce Lees 1970s movie "The Big Boss" featured a couple of Floyd tracks, one of which was certainly "Time" and popped up on a few occasions during the film.
Further to my earlier answer the tracks used were:

"Time"

(Only in Cantonese version)

"Obscured by Clouds"

"The Grand Vizier's Garden Party (Entertainment)"