the movies or tv shows that pf was mentioned in.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

i saw a trailer in the movies a while ago for a cop movie that had Roger's Berlin Comfortably Numb with Van Morrison at the very end. Although everyone hates that version, it worked quite nicely over the clip.
Dydion
Axe
Axe

Post by Dydion »

Was it in Van Wilder that the main character was depressed and was singing Comfortably Numb with headphones on? I saw that in some movie, but I forget which. I think he was singing in falsetto, which made it more funny. Damn, i wish I could remember...
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqKZ8ARPgC4

i might actually be in this movie. it was shot here in Boston and I found where they were filming and just hung around in the background. Imagine being that close to Jack Nicholson! Looks like a good movie, even though it has Leonardo Decrapio in it
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

well the last I saw was in "The Children of Men".

One scene contains a car driving past a heavily guarded gate and over a bridge towards what is in fact Batterseas Power Station. Between the four smoke stacks of the power station can be seen a floating pig... 8)
stonegolem13
Axe
Axe

Re: Simpsons

Post by stonegolem13 »

jambo wrote:
mpower77 wrote:If interested in the simpsons (pink floyd) clip. E-mail me http://[email protected]. large amount of PF Greats! Also there is a great Simpsons show that is harder to get, about weed, pot ect...< email to get !
wtf :shock: ??
i believe he is talking about the episode where Home is given prescribed marajuana...he signs a petition (made by Flanders) to ban prescribed marajuana, then complains to Flanders by saying "I was clearly under the influence of the drug"....or words to that effect
Pow-Wow
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Pow-Wow »

I saw a trailer for BBC One's Panorama tonight, about an investigation into anti-depressants, which had a bit of Shine On You Crazy Diamond playing.

There was also an ad the other week for a Panorama documentary about IVF doctors which used Speak to me / Breathe.

Thought I'd mention.
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

does anyone know if money holds the record for the most used sample of all time because i swear on any programme ever made the moment they mention money or cost or price they play that fecking song
progo
Axe
Axe

Re: the movies or tv shows that pf was mentioned in.

Post by progo »

There are loads of movies that use some Floyd (mostly ABitWp2) on soundtrack, mentioning them all won't do any good to this thread. Not that the topic here is soundtrack anyway :)

But to come to my point, my favourite exposure of Floyd comes in "The Squid and the Whale", where "Hey You" plays a prominent part of the story. And it gets played a lot!

Sry for the bump, wasn't sure if a new thread was warranted.
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

I just watched the 2008 film, The Rocker, and noticed that Matt (Josh Gad) was wearing a Division Bell tour shirt while laying down on the tour bus. I caught it, just barely. I believe he was on a top bunk, and was jokingly snoring with his eyes open or something. Very stupid movie. Anyway, it was this design:

NUMBER61
Axe
Axe

Post by NUMBER61 »

there's a dvd called "remember a day",
it's inspired by syd,
can't recall if it mentions pink floyd,
but,
it has an instrumental version of "remember a day" played over the credits.
PCM72
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PCM72 »

There's a little piece of "One Of These Days" on an episode of Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" here.
You have an old thread about Carl Sagan here.
In the youtube comments there are several time marks to know where other pieces are into the episode, but not for "One Of These Days".
Since I'm a Cosmos fan since many years (I have a brief Cosmos youtube playlist here) I invite you to see the episode to find where "On Of These Days" starts.
Anyway, one of these days I'm going to put there where the little piece is.
NUMBER61
Axe
Axe

Post by NUMBER61 »

there was a pink floyd question on 'pointless', bbc1, weekdays, 5:15, a short while back,
but i can't remember what it was.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

I was just watching a show about fishing trawlers. The presenter asked the Captain "what is the most important part of equipment was for catching fish?" The Captain replied "the stereo" and turned up the volume.

What was he listening too i hear you ask? Nothing other than "High Hopes"!

p.s no the ship didn't have a cat called Lucifer Sam.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

i just finished watching season 1 of "true detective" (a great show) and was really pleased to see marty wearing a PF shirt circa 1995

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vultu ... 60x375.jpg
bonjanee
Axe
Axe

Post by bonjanee »

Ok not a movie or a TV show, but check out the second verse of this song by Dublin band The Pale

https://soundcloud.com/the-pale-1/what- ... -smiths-do

'White light through a prism, turning into a vision, that floats above the chimneys of battersea' - who could they be talking about!!!