the movies or tv shows that pf was mentioned in.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Mademoiselle Nobs
Axe
Axe

Post by Mademoiselle Nobs »

I saw the last hour or so of Close Encounters of the Third Kind yesterday and as the scientists at Devil's Tower are waiting for the spaceships to come, one of them says, "If everything's ready here on the dark side of the moon, play the five tones."
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

Pink Floyd get a mention in American Beauty. Lester is pleasantly surprised to discover that his dealer listens to them.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

In "Ice age", theres a sloth called Syd, and they all call litlle baby "pinky"...i mean, its not directly floyd related, but i think its interesting that they named two out of four lead caracters like that.
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Watching TV last week I saw a commercial that I'd swear to Betsy played a chunk of Blues. I was immediately drawn to it because it was so clearly recognizable. There was too much advert crap over top of it tho to tell if it was a Floyd recording. Sorry, but I don't know which commercial it was and I haven't heard it since.
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

Powderfinger wrote:Please do not double-post
Sorrie.... didn't double post on purpose (or even know about it). :(
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Sex and British Pop Music, the 1960s... a documentary shown on BBC 2 few weeks ago, now...

2 tracks from Pink Floyd's Zabriskie Point contributions where played, the Blues track, and the one like Narrow way Part One. Also played was the descending part of pow R toc H shown in time to the Granada TV Syd footage....

but!!!! for a very brief clip, they showed Roger as seen in the fotage available on the Mind Your Throats Please DVD of the colour footage, the poart where he is holding his arm aloft, and the camera is zooming in and out!!! Strange how they got that footage....
zombywoof
Axe
Axe

?

Post by zombywoof »

In an episode of the Sopranos, Tony Soprano gets his new home theater system hooked up. As he's playing with his new toy, the next scene cuts to him listening to DSOM and the end of Eclipse it playing, it shows tony sleeping on his chair.
carter
Embryo
Embryo

Post by carter »

Theres an ice-cream ad i saw and took a picture with from my phone, but i cant get it onto the internet. Anyway it says "The children are our future so why haven't you introduced them to Pink Floyd?" with a picture of an icecream. Note that the flavour isn't actually called Pink Floyd.
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

Judy Garland's daughter was on This Morning, er, this morning, talking about the new Wizard Of Oz DVD. She said that she hasn't watched the film in synch with DSOTM, and that people who have done have too much spare time.
Mademoiselle Nobs
Axe
Axe

Post by Mademoiselle Nobs »

I haven't watched the DSotM-WoO synchronization yet so I guess I must not have a lot of spare time.

:D
urquel
Embryo
Embryo

Freaks and Geeks

Post by urquel »

On Freaks and Geeks episode 11 "The Garage Door" - They attempt to go to a Floyd Laser show, but it turns out to be a Southern Rock show.
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

i went to the cinema last night and they have an advert on before the film for SURE FOR MEN deoderant. The theme of the ad is something to do with complete protection against sweat whatever your doing and they have a clip of a burning business man from the WISH YOU WERE HERE cover

it may not be a floyd referance but if you know the band its the first thing you think off when you see it
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

tea-set wrote:they have a clip of a burning business man from the WISH YOU WERE HERE cover

it may not be a floyd referance but if you know the band its the first thing you think off when you see it
I thought the same thing when I saw that advert. I don't believe it was intended to be a Floyd reference.

One of the characters in The Cave says "I'm probably going to lose you guys on the dark side of the moon."
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

I just saw the Live 8 DVD advert. 30 seconds of footage of Pink Floyd playing Money, then an announcement that the DVD is out now.

That should do it! 8)
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Freaks and Geeks

Post by Jangus »

urquel wrote:On Freaks and Geeks episode 11 "The Garage Door" - They attempt to go to a Floyd Laser show, but it turns out to be a Southern Rock show.
Oh man that show was great.