CD Title Poll: Grand Final!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!

CD Title Poll: Grand Final

Poll ended at Tue May 03, 2005 12:28 am

NepTunes
40%
None Of Us Is Pink
60%

Total votes: 45

simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

CD Title Poll: Grand Final!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Here are the 2 winning suggestions from the previous polls. Please make sure you have a good think about which one you would like to vote for before submitting your vote, the winner of this poll will be the name of the CD! This poll will run for 7 days. Good luck to our finalists!
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Wed May 04, 2005 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

He, he....both are my favorites...

I'm going for NepTunes tho.

Nice!

So, Mooner...whitch one will be your choice now?
Bradford
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bradford »

I just voted for Neptunes, but I thought that the original idea, expressed by Simpledumbpilot, was that the top two titles from each round of polls would go through to the final. Sorry if I just read it wrong.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Yeah, I figured it'd be the top two from each round too. My vote goes for NepTunes. I hope it wins, 'cos the other option is kinda remedial.
Qjamination
Embryo
Embryo

CD Title Poll Final

Post by Qjamination »

Count me in for NepTunes

Looks like lots of looks-not so many voting.........
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Seems like there's a few invisible people voting for the other option, but not sticking around long enough to explain themselves. Ne'erdowells.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:Seems like there's lots of invisible people voting for the other option, but not sticking around long enough to explain themselves. Ne'erdowells.
I whas just about to say that. Seems to me that the "None of us is pink" voters are a bit more shy...
COME ON, EXPLAIN WHY!!! :evil:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I noticed that too, about half the people that have voted NepTunes haave posted but none of the None Of Us Is Pink ones have, whats all that about then?

Also like Qjamination says, people are viewing the thread but not voting, hopefullly this is because they are taking their time and considering the options, thats what Id like to think anyway. Last night I checked in a couple of hours after putting the poll up (matron!) and nearly 40 people had viewed it but only 8 people had voted.
Bradford wrote:I thought that the original idea, expressed by Simpledumbpilot, was that the top two titles from each round of polls would go through to the final. Sorry if I just read it wrong.
Oh bugger, youre right, I just looked back at the first poll thread and it does read that way, Im sorry it wasnt meant to, I guess I should have put 'both' rather than 'each' when referring to the 2 winning titles, my apologies for the confusion.
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

I'll stand up in the "None Of Us Is Pink" corner.

From the initial two polls it was by far my favourite anyway, but I can't say I've ever really liked "NepTunes". It reminds me too much of the production group The Neptunes, and just seems like too cheesy a pun to be honest!! I could probably stomach it better without the capital T, but my vote still goes for NOUIP.

Whoa - what a strange abbreviation! Think it'll ever be as instantly recognisable as TPATGOD, ABITW or SOYCD? Yeah, I'm going off at a total tangent - time for some sleep methinks!!

David :)
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

I'm not even going to vote. Dont like either choice.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Jangus wrote:I'm not even going to vote. Dont like either choice.
Come on...
Vote for NepTunes :D

I'll buy you a beer, or...soda...i mean, whatever... :D
HaVoKnYnJ
Axe
Axe

Post by HaVoKnYnJ »

I voted for 'None of Us is Pink,' only because I worked with the Neptunes once, and have no need to have any further links with them, no matter how tenuous. Shit, I hate the fact that they are considered to make 'music,' since I make 'music,' and that means that's something we have in common.

how shallow and stupid am I?! :oops:

still, I like NOUIP better. and so do all my silent compatriots!
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

im on the none of us is pink
becuase the nepTunes is a bit cheesy with the word asociation thingy
and i still think my idea was the best :lol: the band is just fantastic :lol:
:wink:
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

jonesy wrote:im on the none of us is pink
becuase the nepTunes is a bit cheesy...
Ditto jonesy :x Maybe after a 50 year time warp back to the fifty's it would sound cool :D
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Yippee! Lowest common denominator wins again.

Okay, calmly and rationally now. I've stuck Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes on the office stereo so hopefully I won't come across all nasty and aggressive...

Forget this band that I've never heard of. This forum is called Neptune Pink Floyd, right? If this compilation is good, and we have every reason to believe it might be, then it's gonna blow all memory of that tedious bunch of schmucks right out of the water, reclaim the good name of Neptune for everyone associated with this forum and with this project, forever. Who remembers the 60's psych Nirvana? No-one. They all remember the one with the blonde bloke who shot himself. It doesn't matter, and it's a terrible reason to shy off what is otherwise a perfectly decent title.

The other option is a twee in-joke that only Pink Floyd obsessives could get any kind of thrill out of. Now, I know there are a lot of those around these parts and I get accused of the same by the gf (I guess I do play them a lot) but if we want this project to catch on and excite people who haven't been bitten by the same bug then we need to think outside the envelope. The statement starts with a negative - this is bad - and ultimately is saying "We're not as good as the band that we worship." I can't see that setting anyone outside the circle on fire, can you?

A lot of people have put a lot of effort into the music. Can't we at least attempt to help package it properly by thinking through what the title we pick might represent to a non-Floyd fan?