Whats your favorite pink floyd Song or Album?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Whats Your Favorite Pink Floyd song?

Wish You Were Here
24%
Comfortably Numb
14%
Happiest Days of Our Lives/Another Brick In the Wall
No votes
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
28%
Have a Cigar
7%
Hey You
7%
Run Like Hell
No votes
See Emily Play
21%

Total votes: 29

Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Whats your favorite pink floyd Song or Album?

Post by Groovybass77 »

hey. im very interested in what other peoples favorites are when it comes to Pink Floyd. My favorite song is Wish You Were Here and my favorite Album is The Wall.

closer
Axe
Axe

Post by closer »

Shine on.

Wall and Dark Side are my most favourites.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Favourite song: The Final Cut

Favourite album: The Final Cut
TheJoker
Blade
Blade

Post by TheJoker »

PublicImage wrote:Favourite song: The Final Cut

Favourite album: The Final Cut
What a surprise... :lol: :roll: :wink:

Albums:

#1: Wish You Were Here
#2: Dark Side Of The Moon
#3: The Wall
#4: Meddle
#5: The Division Bell
#6: A Saucerful Of Secrets
#7: Animals
#8: Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
#9: A Momentary Lapse Of Reason
#10: Obscured By Clouds
#11: The Final Cut
#12: Atom Heart Mother
#13: More
#14: Ummagumma

top 30 songs:

#1: Echoes
#2: Shine On You Crazy Diamon (the whole piece)
#3: Comfortably Numb
#4: High Hopes
#5: Pigs (3 Different Ones)
#6: Learning To Fly
#7: Cymbaline
#8: Hey You
#9: Time
#10: Us And Them
#11: Your Possible Pasts
#12: Two Suns In The Sunset
#13: Sorrow
#14: Cluster One
#15: Careful With That Axe, Eugene
#16: On The Turning Away
#17: Interstellar Overdrive
#18. Lucy Leave
#19: Astronomy Domine
#20: Remember A Day
#21: Marooned
#22: Lost For Words
#23: Money
#24: Waiting For The Worms
#25: The Gunners Dream
#26: The Fletcher Memorial Home
#27: Dogs
#28: Yet Another Movie
#29: Coming Back To Life
#30: Fat Old Sun
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Favorite Album: Meddle (or is it Animals? :? )
Favorite Song: Comfortably Numb
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Hey, why is Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict not on this list? It's by far the best thing they ever did.

Ahem.

Well, the Floyd album I listen to most these days that has my favorite versions of my favorite songs is... P*U*L*S*E. It sits in my top three alongside two other live pieces, both of them bootlegs (Animal Instincts in Oakland, 1977 and the 1970 BBC show).
I am a madman.

The song I listen to most is... well, that changes every day. I have no favorite.
TheJoker
Blade
Blade

Post by TheJoker »

Tenniru wrote:Hey, why is Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict not on this list? It's by far the best thing they ever did.

Ahem.

Well, the Floyd album I listen to most these days that has my favorite versions of my favorite songs is... P*U*L*S*E. It sits in my top three alongside two other live pieces, both of them bootlegs (Animal Instincts in Oakland, 1977 and the 1970 BBC show).
I am a madman.

The song I listen to most is... well, that changes every day. I have no favorite.
'Animal Instincts' is my favourite RoIO at the moment. When I first heard it, I thought it was soundboard or something. 'Careful With That Axe...' is out of this world. Really trippy, I love it.
Ringorocks

Post by Ringorocks »

Favourite album is AHM followed by Animals.
Some of my favourite songs (in random order) are Echoes, AHM, Fat Old Sun, Sheep, Great Gig, The Gold It's In The, Fletcher Memorial, Us And Them, Gunners Dream and that's all I can think of right now. Though I know there are more. My least favourite song is definitely Sorrow, and I wish it would go away!!!!!! :cry:

Oh, and I think Comfortably Numb is so insanely overrated that it's not even slightly amusing.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Album: The Final Cut. Just no way around it.

Song: See Below

List:

Albums:
1. The Final Cut
2. The Wall
3. Wish You Were Here
4. Animals
5. Dark Side
6. Meddle
7. The Division Bell
8. A Momentary Lapse of Reason

All I can stand, for the most part.

As for songs, I generally like a whole album, and there are no songs on an album that I won't listen to, the exceptions being the post-Waters stuff, especially AMLOR and TDB. But Echoes, Set the Controls (Live, of course), Shine On, You Crazy Diamond, and What Shall We Do Now jump out when I think of favorites.....
Ringorocks

Post by Ringorocks »

nemesis11f wrote:Set the Controls (Live, of course)
Spot on. Can't believe I forgot that one.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

My favourite albums and songs are for the most part, pre-DSOTM, and while I love See Emily Play (the only one you've got up there) I wouldn't necessarily call it my favourite. My favourite albums are usually UmmaGumma or More, but occasionally it drifts over to Meddle or AHM depending on my mood. Favourite songs in no particular order include Set the Controls (live version), The Narrow Way, Let There Be More Light, Cirrus Minor, Saucerful of Secrets, Julia Dream, See Saw, Main Theme, Sisyphus, Remember a Day, CWTAE, Echoes, Green Is the Colour, Grantchester Meadows, A Pillow of Winds, Fat Old Sun, San Tropez, Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, amongst others.
Senna
Axe
Axe

Post by Senna »

Wish You Were Here. The answer to both questions. :D
jokitter
Axe
Axe

favorites

Post by jokitter »

Some of my favorite songs by Pink Floyd are "Scream Thy Last Scream", "It Would Be So Nice", "Atom Heart Mother", "Fat Old Sun", "A Saucerful Of Secrets", "Childhood's End" and "Vegetable Man." Not necessarily in that order.

As far as albums go, officially I would say "Wish You Were Here" and "Obscured By Clouds."

Unofficial releases, "M-502", "In A Neutral Land", "BBC 1970", "Meddled" and "Psychedelic Games For May."

There is no order of preference given, just what I thought of. Josh K.
Savanah
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Savanah »

I voted for Have A Cigar. I love how that song begins! My favorite album would have to be DSOTM but it's very hard to really choose just one. I love them all! :smt039
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

In the past few hours, the amazing Fillmore soundboard from 1970 just overtook the BBC show. It has all of it but If, but Fat Old Sun is full-sized and there's more music.

What I need to know, though; what is the best source of this show? Is it Harvested's "Interstellar Fillmore", or is it "Interstellar Encore"? Or is there another one?

Also, a short list of my favorite Floyd tunes: Astronomy Domine, Interstellar Overdrive, See Emily Play, Vegetable Man, Set The Controls, Paintbox, Cymbaline, The Nile Song, The Narrow Way, The Embryo, Atom Heart Mother, Fat Old Sun, Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, Fearless, Echoes, Stay, Brain Damage/Eclipse, Dogs, Pigs, The Trial, Backs To The Wall (aka Empty Spaces/What Shall We Do Now), Waiting For The Worms, The Final Cut, The Gunner's Dream, Two Suns In The Sunset, Learning To Fly, One Slip, Sorrow, Keep Talking, Wearing The Inside Out