Cambridge Evening News - History of Pop Music in Cambridge..

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cambridge Evening News - History of Pop Music in Cambridge..

Post by Keith Jordan »

Apparently the Cambridge Evening News did an article in 1984 on the history of pop music in Cambridge. Does anyone have a copy of that? I wouldnt mind having a read!
ivansc
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Cambridge Evening News - History of Pop Music in Cambridge..

Post by ivansc »

Have a look on my brother Brian`s site.
A scan of the original chart and the article in the CN is there along with a load of other stuff.
Some of it is not as accurate as we would like.....

http://www.geocities.com/happysurfer1/

If there is any serious interest in this stuff I`ll see about amking necessary corrections and additions.

Ivan Carling
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Thanks Ivan. That is great!! I shall have a good look through that tree! 8)
Miles leighton
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Miles leighton »

Well Ivan, you get everywhere.
As we speak, or should I say read: there is an enormous effort being made in Cambridge to produce, in the following days, an updated form of Cambridge-Groups Family Tree. I believe that there is a wish to have this ready for presenting at the beginning of the 'Cambridge Wakes' event. As I understand it, Stephen Pyle has been collating the info to date, however they are still searching for material, and looking to put everything in good order. I am aware that Chris Ian has been contacted amongst others and has agreed to provide some correct group member line-ups. Some 'protected' photographic material is being arranged, although it seems there exists little on-stage material. Apparently there is an excellent Vogue Sound photo available. Even a lovely one of you!