Bike
6%
Other
31%

Total votes: 103

pato26473
Axe
Axe

Re: Your least favourite Pink Floyd song?

Post by pato26473 »

Keith Jordan wrote:Several Species... is not such a good song in my opinion. I tend not to listen to that one.
I totally agree with you. I always skip "Several species ...". Also, I'd like to add that both "Dogs of war" and "Money" are not my favourite ones.

Sometimes, I imagine a different DSOTM track listing, without "Money" and with "Embryo" in it. :-({|= :-({|=
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I honestly cannot see why anybody would dislike Money. It might get overplayed because it is the most accessible single they released in the post-Barrett era (I think Arnold Layne and See Emily Play are both far more accessible than Money), but that doesn't stop it from being a great song. It certainly has one of Gilmour's best solos.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I don't dislike the song Money. I just feel it doesn't fit that well, musically speaking, on DSOTM. It really disrupts the flow of the album, IMO. Outside the context of DSOTM, however, it is a terrific song.
Mad_Mat
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Mad_Mat »

I used to hate Seamus, but then I got into blues as I got older and now I quite like it.

So I went for other........ Other would have to depend on the day I guess cause some days I love a track and the next it might not fit my mood.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

PublicImage wrote:I honestly cannot see why anybody would dislike Money. It might get overplayed because it is the most accessible single they released in the post-Barrett era (I think Arnold Layne and See Emily Play are both far more accessible than Money), but that doesn't stop it from being a great song. It certainly has one of Gilmour's best solos.
In addition, I think if people really get bored with Money (and they don't dislike it), they should just give it a break and not listen to it for a while.
Plus, I think it fits DS oh so well. It is between two slow songs, so believe me, you don't want another slow song in between, making it 3 (!) slow songs in a row... you'd get even more bored, MG. Money, on the contrary, is a spice-up, and a great and fresh start for side B. Speaking for myself, I usually need at least one get-your-ass-up track to get going through. I can rarely stand some 20 minutes of slowness, because it kinda gets monotone, not much changing. Same thing about Money-like songs, wouldn't want more than 2 in a row.
mainly lurking
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mainly lurking »

I think Money kicks off side two pretty nicely.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

moom wrote:I think it fits DS oh so well. It is between two slow songs, so believe me, you don't want another slow song in between, making it 3 (!) slow songs in a row... you'd get even more bored, MG.
Well, I wasn't actually referring to the tempo of the song. I do agree, a slow song there would have really dragged the album down. I was just referring to the funky, sleazy kind of feel to the song (which indeed fits the subject matter very well), but to my ears, doesn't fit that well on DSOTM.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

I think the one whose title I can never get right....the one about All The Furry Animals, etc, etc.
Steph22
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Steph22 »

PublicImage wrote:Green is the Colour is absolutely terrible.

Gasp!! I love that song!
There are some that have not been mentioned, such as A Saucerful of Secrets. I cannot bring myself to listen to that drivel. At least Alan's is a real song, not someone (even if it is David and Co.), banging away at a keyboard, literally.
Corporal Clegg and Matilda Mother are bad too.
mandy35353535353
Knife
Knife

Post by mandy35353535353 »

New Machine and Dogs of War are bullshit.

Bike is sweet. Money is pretty sweet.

I like Alan's Breakfast because I can fall asleep to it...

Others not on the list that I do not like, Keep Talking, and I do not care for the Nile Song.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Steph22 wrote:Gasp!! I love that song!
There are some that have not been mentioned, such as A Saucerful of Secrets. I cannot bring myself to listen to that drivel. At least Alan's is a real song, not someone (even if it is David and Co.), banging away at a keyboard, literally.
A Saucerful of Secrets is one of the best things Pink Floyd ever did, especially the Pompeii version.
mandy35353535353
Knife
Knife

Post by mandy35353535353 »

OH MY, the Pompeii version is the best thing EVER.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

PublicImage wrote:
Steph22 wrote:Gasp!! I love that song!
A Saucerful of Secrets is one of the best things Pink Floyd ever did, especially the Pompeii version.
Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with banging keys or guitars, in fact it's very driving and fun.
And that gong, OMG!
rogerlancelot
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rogerlancelot »

"When The Tigers Broke Free" is my least favorite Pink Floyd song ever. Seriously, how many members of the band appear on that one? And it was a single and on the Echoes compilation?

Runner-up for me: I usually skip "Set The Controls" when listening to early gigs. Not enough dynamic changes, just usually very dull and atmospheric.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

rogerlancelot wrote:"When The Tigers Broke Free" is my least favorite Pink Floyd song ever.
<.8.>

I liiiiike it!! Great song! :-({|=