Pink Floyd Forum
Pink Floyd | Pink Floyd News | Blog | Pink Floyd Pictures | Pink Floyd Tour | David Gilmour | Roger Waters | Forum Help | Contact | Pink Floyd Newsletter
Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:31 am It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Yeeshkul! Where is it?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:35 pm 
Embryo
Embryo

Where the hell is Yeeshkul, I having withdrawals already from it not being about and I have to say its more lively and active compared to here sometimes. Ron Toon do you know anything about this, has it been closed down.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 pm 
Blade
Blade

shoutinyoursleep wrote:
Where the hell is Yeeshkul, I having withdrawals already from it not being about and I have to say its more lively and active compared to here sometimes. Ron Toon do you know anything about this, has it been closed down.
TJ is having server issues. Y has not been shut down and should be back again within the next few days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 pm 
Embryo
Embryo

RonToon wrote:
shoutinyoursleep wrote:
TJ is having server issues. Y has not been shut down and should be back again within the next few days.

Thank god, lots of good places have been shut down this year I would hate for Y to go as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 pm 
Axe
Axe

That's a relief. They've had outages before but rarely this long.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 pm 
Blade
Blade

When Y returns it will probably be a different design, probably similar to TTD. Don't expect it to be back any time too soon... this may take a bit of work. But it will be back. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has it gone down unannounced? Or is this a planned upgrade? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 pm 
Blade
Blade

Keith Jordan wrote:

It went down unannounced due to server failure and the failure of a back up HD. In addition to my updates TJ just posted "we're seriously thinking of moving hosts and get more modern software' - 'start with a clean slate' and that Y could be down for a week or two."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It certainly is a painful thing moving servers. NPF has moved about three times in the past 10 years. Not much fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:35 am 
Embryo
Embryo

RonToon wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:

It went down unannounced due to server failure and the failure of a back up HD. In addition to my updates TJ just posted "we're seriously thinking of moving hosts and get more modern software' - 'start with a clean slate' and that Y could be down for a week or two."

Thanks for the update, Ron.
Hopefully it'll all work out well for TJ.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:48 pm 
Embryo
Embryo

Cheers for letting me know about the situation Ron, no doubt when its back up and running hopefully yer next production will be up, I hope you got the colour situation sorted with the film although I think that 73 footage still looks amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:43 pm 
Blade
Blade

shoutinyoursleep wrote:
Cheers for letting me know about the situation Ron, no doubt when its back up and running hopefully yer next production will be up, I hope you got the colour situation sorted with the film although I think that 73 footage still looks amazing.
I'll be picking up the new transfer this weekend. The boss is on top of this one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 pm 
Blade
Blade

UPDATE from TJ -

I've decided to move Yeeshkul to new hosts after our previous host failed to respond to our support requests. The previous server suffered some sort of hardware failure on a second HDD that was used for back-ups.

We will try to retrieve content from a back-up made a month ago.
Please do not pester me or the other mods, or anyone else about this. We will do the best that we can.

We will and get the site going within the next few days - it depends on the freetime that I, the mods and others have.

TJ - January 30th, 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

NPF had to travel back in time a few years ago when the server had a failure and my latest backup was a week old database. Its odd to step back in time like that but sometimes that happens. I ought to get a backup more than weekly really.

Keep up the good work on Yeesh!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:40 pm 
Blade
Blade

http://www.yeeshkul.com Under Construction page is now up. Site should be back soon.
Thanks TJ! <ii>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:30 pm 
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Ultimately Yeeshkul is the way Pink Floyd forums will go. Because the band don't honour their own legacy too greatly, and because the "LOL what colour pants are u wearing" days of forum proto-social-networking are long gone, only those left will be the guys discussing the technical details of some obscure 2nd recorder for some obscure 1973 tour.

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next