Yeeshkul! Where is it?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
shoutinyoursleep
Axe
Axe

Yeeshkul! Where is it?

Post by shoutinyoursleep »

Where the hell is Yeeshkul, I having withdrawals already from it not being about and I have to say its more lively and active compared to here sometimes. Ron Toon do you know anything about this, has it been closed down.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Re: Yeeshkul! Where is it?

Post by RonToon »

shoutinyoursleep wrote:Where the hell is Yeeshkul, I having withdrawals already from it not being about and I have to say its more lively and active compared to here sometimes. Ron Toon do you know anything about this, has it been closed down.
TJ is having server issues. Y has not been shut down and should be back again within the next few days.
swanlee
Embryo
Embryo

Post by swanlee »

RonToon wrote:
shoutinyoursleep wrote:Where the hell is Yeeshkul, I having withdrawals already from it not being about and I have to say its more lively and active compared to here sometimes. Ron Toon do you know anything about this, has it been closed down.
TJ is having server issues. Y has not been shut down and should be back again within the next few days.
Thank god, lots of good places have been shut down this year I would hate for Y to go as well.
movement
Axe
Axe

Post by movement »

That's a relief. They've had outages before but rarely this long.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

When Y returns it will probably be a different design, probably similar to TTD. Don't expect it to be back any time too soon... this may take a bit of work. But it will be back. :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Has it gone down unannounced? Or is this a planned upgrade? :shock:
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Keith Jordan wrote:Has it gone down unannounced? Or is this a planned upgrade? :shock:
It went down unannounced due to server failure and the failure of a back up HD. In addition to my updates TJ just posted "we're seriously thinking of moving hosts and get more modern software' - 'start with a clean slate' and that Y could be down for a week or two."
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It certainly is a painful thing moving servers. NPF has moved about three times in the past 10 years. Not much fun.
longtalleric
Embryo
Embryo

Post by longtalleric »

RonToon wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:Has it gone down unannounced? Or is this a planned upgrade? :shock:
It went down unannounced due to server failure and the failure of a back up HD. In addition to my updates TJ just posted "we're seriously thinking of moving hosts and get more modern software' - 'start with a clean slate' and that Y could be down for a week or two."
Thanks for the update, Ron.
Hopefully it'll all work out well for TJ.
shoutinyoursleep
Axe
Axe

Post by shoutinyoursleep »

Cheers for letting me know about the situation Ron, no doubt when its back up and running hopefully yer next production will be up, I hope you got the colour situation sorted with the film although I think that 73 footage still looks amazing.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

shoutinyoursleep wrote:Cheers for letting me know about the situation Ron, no doubt when its back up and running hopefully yer next production will be up, I hope you got the colour situation sorted with the film although I think that 73 footage still looks amazing.
I'll be picking up the new transfer this weekend. The boss is on top of this one.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

UPDATE from TJ -

I've decided to move Yeeshkul to new hosts after our previous host failed to respond to our support requests. The previous server suffered some sort of hardware failure on a second HDD that was used for back-ups.

We will try to retrieve content from a back-up made a month ago.
Please do not pester me or the other mods, or anyone else about this. We will do the best that we can.

We will and get the site going within the next few days - it depends on the freetime that I, the mods and others have.

TJ - January 30th, 2013.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

NPF had to travel back in time a few years ago when the server had a failure and my latest backup was a week old database. Its odd to step back in time like that but sometimes that happens. I ought to get a backup more than weekly really.

Keep up the good work on Yeesh!
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

http://www.yeeshkul.com Under Construction page is now up. Site should be back soon.
Thanks TJ! <ii>
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Ultimately Yeeshkul is the way Pink Floyd forums will go. Because the band don't honour their own legacy too greatly, and because the "LOL what colour pants are u wearing" days of forum proto-social-networking are long gone, only those left will be the guys discussing the technical details of some obscure 2nd recorder for some obscure 1973 tour.