The Wall, soundtrack

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
rickwtx
Embryo
Embryo

The Wall, soundtrack

Post by rickwtx »

Anyone know of a current source for a cd or digital download of the actual soundtrack version of The Walll? I checked and ebay and amazon and didn't find any (or I just don't know how to search).
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Wall, soundtrack

Post by twcc »

^^^
You need to be a bit more specific as here are so many PF, film and RW variations, if you're thinking the 2015 RW version then the Nigel Godrich production on Sony (Columbia/Legacy) is exactly what you are looking for. If you're thinking of the Bob Geldolf and Co film I thought a special edition DVD had an isolated track.
rickwtx
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rickwtx »

Sorry about that. For a long time I've been listening to a "soundtrack" of the The Wall on youtube, which starts of the The little boy that Santa Claus forgot and includes Geldofs one track and other tidbits from the movie (like dialogue). I had a bootleg album in the mid-1990's but it was stolen shortly after I got it. Youtube takes it down once a year and it resurfaces. I think I'm just disappointed in the remasters of The Wall, too clean maybe.
AtomHeartBrother
Axe
Axe

Post by AtomHeartBrother »

Hi, Rick,

A soundtrack to The Wall was never officially released, which explains your difficulty in finding it on Amazon or eBay.

Your best bet is to rip the audio from the DVD (or find it -- it's out there). There's never been an official BluRay release of it either.

The soundtrack to Pink Floyd The Wall was supposed to have been released in November 1982 and would have included songs left over from The Wall, songs recorded for the film, and a few new ones to help fill in the narrative. Then the Falklands conflict broke out and Roger Waters decided to change the focus of the album. He reworked several of the songs, wrote some new ones, and the album The Final Cut was released in 1983, bearing very little resemblance to the original Spare Bricks album.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

If Pink Floyd do release a 'Middle Years' box set, then I would imagine that the soundtrack version will be included, without the sounds of the movie interrupting it as they do. I also really want to hear the cut of The Wall they had lined up before the editing session that removed nine minutes from the album and rejiggled the track listing. Now that would be interesting.