Concert Video: PULSE vs. Live From London (Pay Per View)

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Concert Video: PULSE vs. Live From London (Pay Per View)

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Do people have any preference between PULSE and the original edit that was shown on Pay Per View back then? (I think it was called Live From London technically). Each one has some edits I like better than the other.

One part I liked better on the PPV version was the end of High Hopes (the camera doesn't show Mr. Screen from the back of the stadium like on PULSE)....
rot66
Axe
Axe

Post by rot66 »

There are three versions of this:

1. The LIVE broadcast in Europe (on subscription channels), with a couple of small bum notes, and some rolling picture due to too much white in the picture at the end of Learning To Fly. Named "Pink Floyd In Concert"

2. The 2-3 weeks delayed edit, PPV in the US and broadcasted for free in most of Europe. Which is fixed up, and using quite a few other camera angles. Some of the video is from the show on the 19th they say... Also changed some of the audio (the errors and the Thank You to Roger comes to mind).

3. The released PULSE video. Pretty much the same as #2, but refined a bit further with the editing.

The bigest difference is between version 1 and 2....

Tor
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Some of the video is from the show on the 19th they say... Also changed some of the audio (the errors and the Thank You to Roger comes to mind).
hang so your saying that they filmed on the 19th october then

on the same note i have read some people have seen DSOT but not the video of the show a proper uncut show from dsot on vh1 classic we know they filmed over 5 days in New York.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

THAT would be good...a Delicate Sound Of Thunder video where you can actually see what's going on :) Does anyone have this?
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

Ha. That would be amazing.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Freddie Mercury wrote:THAT would be good...a Delicate Sound Of Thunder video where you can actually see what's going on :) Does anyone have this?
That sounds like the calhoon tapes
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Freddie Mercury wrote:THAT would be good...a Delicate Sound Of Thunder video where you can actually see what's going on :) Does anyone have this?
Yup! :D
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Well the Calhoun tapes were done in Atlanta...he was saying there is apparently a different edit of DSOT from the NY shows....
rot66
Axe
Axe

Post by rot66 »

hang so your saying that they filmed on the 19th october then
Yes they did film the show on the 19th as well..., as for audio they recorded all of them. Already on the 16th, which was the last of the 4 shows I went to, they started using the extra lights in the ceiling that were used to show the audience better.

They might have filmed the show on the 21st as well, but that was a non-DSOTM show. I never got that confirmed though... As for the 19th, you can see the cameras and camera-men in action on the voios from that show.

Tor
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

so what are the chances of snippets from the 19th october beeing on the Pulse dvd extras slim i guess
it would be so good if they had a pro shot On the turning away from the 19th show
rot66
Axe
Axe

Post by rot66 »

azza200 wrote:so what are the chances of snippets from the 19th october beeing on the Pulse dvd extras slim i guess
it would be so good if they had a pro shot On the turning away from the 19th show
Well, a lot of the fotage on the PULSE VHS version is from the 19th... But as for On The Turning Away, they did not play it on the 19th. They did play Lost For Words and A Great Day For Freedom instead of Take It Back though...

I would have wanted On The Turning Away from Gelsenkirchen myself, one of the best ever versions they did....

Set lists for the two days:

Set 1: SOYCD+, LTF, HH, LFW, GDFF, KT, CBTL, Sor, ABITW2, OOTD
Set 2: STM, Bre, OTR, Tim, BRep, GGITS, Mon, U&T, ACYL, BD, Ecl
Encore: WYWH, CN, RLH

Set 1: SOYCD+, LTF, HH, TIB, CBTL, Sor, KT, ABITW2, OOTD
Set 2: STM, Bre, OTR, Tim, BRep, GGITS, Mon, U&T, ACYL, BD, Ecl
Encore: WYWH, CN, RLH

Tor
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

i wish for Marooned to be on the DVD in all its glory
rot66
Axe
Axe

Post by rot66 »

i wish for Marooned to be on the DVD in all its glory
All cameras that were on the soundboard in Oslo was removed after What Do You Want From Me, at least on the 29th... I had the soundboard in my back, so I saw them leaving 8)

And according to Gary Wallis that I talked to there, they were not taping (audio) the shows in Oslo...

Tor
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

:( :(
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

:( Marooned Rules