Rattle That Lock tour now 2 years behind us!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Rattle That Lock tour now 2 years behind us!

Post by moodyblue » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:50 pm

I was sitting in the Albert Hall this week listening to Rodriguez playing his long lost songs thinking back to this time two years ago. David Gilmour of course played the last of his shows in that very same venue. I was incredibly lucky enough to have seen all those final shows at the RAH and every time I have returned to see another band since, those concerts always come to the fore in my thoughts.
None of us know whether Mr Gilmour will ever venture out live again or if he'll ever produce any new music but the hope remains.

Jimi Dean Barrett
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Rattle That Lock tour now 2 years behind us!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 pm

It seems like it was only released the other day as well! Not sure if he'll tour it, but with both Roger and even Nick having solo adventures I can't see Dave letting them have the last word.

learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:34 am

3 years since the LP was released/tour started!

Well, he has the best part of another LP already in the bag according to interviews. Time’s running out realistically, his vocals were suffering on the RTL dates from what I could see, I’d therefore imagine that material will come out sooner rather than later.

In terms of touring, if any – I’d see an even more curtailed jaunt around key European venues to start with, and a bit like Ritchie with Rainbow, if he feels ok he’ll add some more.

DarkSideFreak
Axe
Axe

Post by DarkSideFreak » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:07 pm

learningtofly wrote:Time’s running out realistically, his vocals were suffering on the RTL dates from what I could see, I’d therefore imagine that material will come out sooner rather than later.
That's definitely the case on the show I saw, and similarly on the Pompeii live video.

The key failure, I think, of many singers (Geddy Lee also comes to mind) is not singing much or at all between tours. Then when you go out on tour the voice quickly gives out because it hasn't been kept strong. Vocal exercises and warming up become more and more important as you get older. If David will tour again, he needs to change his approach to reflect this.