Pink Floyd Forum
Pink Floyd | Pink Floyd News | Blog | Pink Floyd Pictures | Pink Floyd Tour | David Gilmour | Roger Waters | Forum Help | Contact | Pink Floyd Newsletter
Last visit was: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:30 pm It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:30 pm

All times are UTC

[ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

David Gilmour Reverend Al Green Jonathan Ross

David Gilmour performed with the legandary Reverend Al Green last night on BBC1's Friday Night with... Jonathan Ross. Also in the band, which was put together for one night only, was Jools Holland, his brother Christopher, Gilson Lavis on drums, Lisa Grahame and Phil Veacock taking on saxophone duties, Chris Storr on trumpet, and Barry Campbell, on bass.

Although the rendition of Let's Stay Together was an excellent one, perhaps Mr Gilmour should have used a guitar that was plugged in!! It was barely audible! But I guess it lends itself well to the style of the song. You can enjoy the song below.

Watch the Video

You can also download the video in glorious High Definition from the BBC iPlayer website (1.2GB) if you are in the UK. It is also available in Normal Definition picture quality (642MB). It is available until 12:39am Sunday 27th June 2010.

Here are some screencaptures from the video...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:52 pm 
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Keith Jordan wrote:
perhaps Mr Gilmour should have used a guitar that was plugged in!! It was barely audible!

Glad you said that..I didn't hear a single note from him! Still, Al Green more than made up for it. What a great voice for an oldie. [-D-]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My favourite bit occurs at 3:36. For his age, an excellent note to hit!! Followed by a funky little dance. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:58 pm 
Embryo
Embryo

Absolutely awesome!
Thanks Keith [-D-]

Stan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:21 am 
Blade
Blade

That was very good.
My quick search on Youtube does not show anything else of Mr. Gilmour on the show; was he only appearing in the band?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:55 am 
Knife
Knife

Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"
MUCK....

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Go to Radio channels home page

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:04 am 
Embryo
Embryo

actually, guys, i'm loving the subtlety of david's rhythm work. you've got to listen hard to hear him, but it's well worth the work. meanwhile, wondering what's missing in the piece that was edited at 2:02-2:03. guitar solo, maybe? man, oh man. anyone got an uncut copy of this???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:28 am 

mags wrote:
That was very good.
My quick search on Youtube does not show anything else of Mr. Gilmour on the show; was he only appearing in the band?

That was all he did and it's kind of debatable whether he had any purpose in the band at all :?

He did show up in a few shots of the Green Room which is where the guests for the show wait before and after they're interviewed.

Interestingly, other guests on the show that night were the Scissor Sisters..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:18 am 
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

well , that was a whole load of nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:15 pm 
Embryo
Embryo

That's not a solo guitar song at all. David was probably asked to do it and why would he say no? Afterall, he probably digs the hell out of the song and might like being just part of a band every once in a while rather than being the super nova star.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:27 pm 
Lord!!
Lord!!

I love the song, as for David Gilmore's rhythm guitar work, I think the sound level could have bee turned up a bit. What I could hear of it, was spot on for the song.

[ 11 posts ]