The Royal Albert Hall Concerts

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: The Royal Albert Hall Concerts

Post by kjek1 »

"General error, SQL error".

every damn time.

Shame because it was a good post
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

moodyblue wrote::D
everton1690 wrote:
sick of hearing some of them to be honest, how many times do we need to hear run like hell and money
I completely agree. Run Like Hell tends to pass me by and sad to say, so does Wish You Were Here to a certain degree. The new stuff I still like hearing especially the opening pad sounds.

Good to hear other people's thoughts on the gigs.
Keep them coming. :D

haha! i only like those two when he's playing them live. <3

but truthfully,
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

oh man, i revisited this thread and caught up on some comments. amazing guitar on the second last night on Comfortably numb, he screaming guitar from '94 was back! I had missed that.

but sorrow from the last night is incredible! I kind of missed it live because we had run to the front to secure a good spot for RLH and the encores, and a security guard stopped us and put us away in a stairwell into the basement tunnels, so we were only half listening and priority was running to the front.
I really hope the DVD is for the last night tbh
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

I had the fortune of being at two gigs back to back last September, the 29th and the 30th. From my experience, the two gigs were amazing in their own ways. The 29th had the best rendition of In Any Tongue, I actually cried because of that solo, it was that beautiful. And the last night was incredible for Comfortably Numb and also the crowd, the crowd on that night was absolutely pheomenal, the atmosphere was like I've never felt before, it was just electric - I'll never experience a crowd like it again.

I was grateful enough to have seen Gilmour three times on this tour, all at the same venue. And in my mind, each gig I attended just got better and better, and it culminated in the best solo I've ever heard in all my life. I still believe the final night's Comfortably Numb solo was the best he's ever done, or atleast the best I've ever heard. It was relentless, he really held nothing back on that one.

If RAH shows were not proffesionally filmed for a home release, it'll be a damn shame because David was playing the best he's ever done. The solos from those gigs, just prove it.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Guitar wise the 25th September last year is the best I've heard Dave play. Which is pretty amazing at 70 years old. A lot of guitar players lose it long before then
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Sorrow from both nights 29th & 30th are incredible solo's same for Sorrow FOS IAT the energy throughout the 29th the night i attended compared to alot of footage i watched during the tour those last 5 nights at the RAH were David at his peak tour wise and just generally having a great time on stage belting out the solos we all love. The improv on Sorrow & CN from the bootleg i have heard is David playing similar to 94 standards imo and miles ahead of 2006
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

I didn’t go to last years dates, so it’s great news to hear they went so well. Would you be able to share the bootleg either on line or by disc do you think azza200?