There will be a new album

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Re: There will be a new album

Post by Flathead »

The biggest thing for me about these previews is the SOUND. It's stunning. If you listen to Dave's acoustic on "Lost for Words", it sounds like an acoustic guitar from a "muzak" production. Same for his solo albums. The same for Roger's acoustic on Amused to Death.

This clip is a league up in tone and subtlety. Nigel is not going to make the same mistakes Roger and Floyd Light did post The Wall in terms of that glossy, overproduced sound that plagues those albums.

And of course it's going to sound like Pink Floyd songs when Roger strums an acoustic. The dude wrote those songs, LOL!
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Sure. They could mike his toilet and you'd still be focussing on the sound, missing the fact that you're listening to a turd. Grasping at straws comes to mind, but hey the sound! That's the musical equivalent of "look! Over there!"
YetAnother
Axe
Axe

Post by YetAnother »

Hopefully he remembers how much lyrics there were on the WYWH album. Trump is a c***. We get it. Now make some music.

If this is that 'if I were god' UN-song, it will take 1/4 of running time of the album...

The sounds at the end of the clip sound much more interesting.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Well I feel the acoustic guitar clip has been isolated from the rest of the music. Or maybe not! Still interested in the album.
And yeah, the pulsing of the music at the end sounds great.
john21wall
Embryo
Embryo

Post by john21wall »

Why Does it All Have to be so Terribly Loud?
vizor
Axe
Axe

Post by vizor »

The more appropriate response would have been:

Syd: Haven't you ever heard the 1812 Overture?

Roger: You'd think so. It was a big hit when he was just a lad......

Burn.
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Post by Djgilmour »

vizor wrote:
The ensuing solo records proved him a spent force,
His 1984 album is awesome.
Radio KAOS is cheesy 80s pop but its has four brilliant pop songs on it
"Who needs Information
The Powers That Be
Me or Him
Home"
And HIS 1992 solo album is some of the best Pink Floyd has ever recorded. Such a brilliant album.
But this new album is gonna suck. I just know it.
vizor
Axe
Axe

Post by vizor »

There were no hits.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Radio KAOS is an embarrassing effort in my opinion

amused to death is a good album, though Rog is really deluding himself saying it's as good as Wish You Were Here
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

vizor wrote:There were no hits.
I'll almost certainly buy the 'new album' ... for information, I am pleased that I often listen to non-hit records; in fact, most of my listening pleasure is to non-hit and non-commercially successful records

:-;
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

vizor wrote: . Go out on the road, bore us with the new stuff, and thrill us with the Pink Floyd hits we so dearly want to hear.
I don't "dearly want to hear" old Pink Floyd songs which have been thoroughly rubbed into the ground. How many times do I need to hear the same 10-15 pf songs?

The new stuff is not good either.

In other words, it's over. Been over for a long time. I've met old men who are still pretending DSOTM is as good as it was when they first heard it over 40 years ago. Like a drug addict still chasing that first high.
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »

Kerry King wrote:
vizor wrote: . Go out on the road, bore us with the new stuff, and thrill us with the Pink Floyd hits we so dearly want to hear.
I don't "dearly want to hear" old Pink Floyd songs which have been thoroughly rubbed into the ground. How many times do I need to hear the same 10-15 pf songs?

The new stuff is not good either.

In other words, it's over. Been over for a long time. I've met old men who are still pretending DSOTM is as good as it was when they first heard it over 40 years ago. Like a drug addict still chasing that first high.
:lol: :lol: You're so right in much of what you say there, and, I confess, I am one of those old fellas. DSOTM is not even my favourite album, but each time I listen to it I am astonished at it's quality.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Mmmm amused to death to me is a tease at best and naive most of the time. Frustrating when it is supposed to be inspired (Jeff beck solos, ending of it's a miracle). Musically, I thought it didn't add anything to the pink Floyd canon or the world. It's the wall with 90s sound effects underneath. Sounds like we're up for more the wall offcuts so I am not holding my breath. Roger alone will not create something that will move me. By definition, the best he could do is write some cool lyrics or set up a nice soundscape; set the stage for some other musician to shine, and it will not be Gilmour or Wright so it will never be like Pink Floyd no matter how hard he tries.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Last night I dreamt I saw a show called "The Pretentions" in which two advertising executives droned on and on as parts of their faces (skull mainly) kept disappearing.
And who was their client? Sitting on the couch with two huge coins over his eyes?... ROGER WATERS!! <.8.>
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Post by Djgilmour »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Last night I dreamt I saw a show called "The Pretentions" in which two advertising executives droned on and on as parts of their faces (skull mainly) kept disappearing.
And who was their client? Sitting on the couch with two huge coins over his eyes?... ROGER WATERS!! <.8.>
Where can I buy your drugs?