There will be a new album

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: There will be a new album

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Funnier video and catchier song, but I'll stick with Roger thanks!

https://youtu.be/f4mcNIqnX_8
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Another "has been" living off the big Band's name actually...
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I find it hilarious that Ringo actually does gigs. I'm curious to what goes on at those

Anyway I wonder if we'll get a video to accompany the release of Smell the Cigars
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Funnier video and catchier song, but I'll stick with Roger thanks!

https://youtu.be/f4mcNIqnX_8
I actually enjoyed that. It's pretty silly, which is more or less what Ringo seemed to be all about. You can't take yourself too seriously and narrate 'Thomas the Tank Engine'.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Which is funny because even with his lackings as a drummer, he's still more of an instrumentalist than roger.
Pa buying tickets for my local show for Roger's tour. Seen him 3 times including the wall. So and so every time but worth a curious look. Still beats most shows for me. Will never touch any of the Gilmour concerts I attended (way more than 3) but that is much rarer.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

raisemyrent wrote:Which is funny because even with his lackings as a drummer, he's still more of an instrumentalist than roger.
Pa buying tickets for my local show for Roger's tour. Seen him 3 times including the wall. So and so every time but worth a curious look. Still beats most shows for me. Will never touch any of the Gilmour concerts I attended (way more than 3) but that is much rarer.
Oh man, I would love to see Gilmour in concert. He and Wright were what made Pink Floyd for me, as I've always been more on the musicality than the grandiose concepts Waters wrote up (the standout songs on The Wall for me were the ones where the others got a little bit of creative liberty with the sound, for example). When I was in Grade 10 I was working on some music of my own for a school project, and my teacher for this was aware I was a Floyd fan (as was everybody...), and she let me borrow her copy of 'Remember That Night'. That was a show that I sure as hell wish I could have been at. The version of 'Echoes' was fantastic, just for one. He's just such a fantastic musician, and I feel one of the most talented members of Floyd.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

theaussiefloydian wrote:You can't take yourself too seriously and narrate 'Thomas the Tank Engine'.
Starr is the only Beatle to have been without a recording contract.
So, his choices were limited.
Still, I think narrating stories is an art on its own.

BTW. Barrett sang about a gnome. :P
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

theaussiefloydian wrote: and she let me borrow her copy of 'Remember That Night'.
I have it on Blu-Ray. It's very easy listening, very adult contemporary lite music. The addition of Crosby and Nash was awful. Reminded me a of a Sting concert: very tasteful to the point of sterility, all the edges smoothed out in way designed not to offend or ruffle feathers.

I love that this new Roger track is ROCK.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

^ Come on Echoes from Gdansk is something that Roger never and will never top.

Call me crazy but I think I prefer it over Pompeii the first solo is better in Pompeii but the whole thing not too sure.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

Roger is on NYT live now on Facebook!

Said he "learned to keep his mouth shut during the recording" And that Nigel made a "great record."

WOW.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

Follix wrote:^ Come on Echoes from Gdansk is something that Roger never and will never top.
Oh, i worship that version of Echoes. It's freaking mindblowing. Just incredible.

But OAI and Remember That Night have that non-offensive, generic studio session sheen that I can't stand. I find Pratt's clinical, sterile bass playing to be horrible (and his goofy stage presence).
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

Roger just ripped the "why does it have to be so loud" interview. Audience erupting in laughter.

Fantastic stuff on Facebook right now...talking about Pink Floyd, very candid. Roger talks about how he's "the bad guy".
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Cool. I was trying radio KAOS on Apple Music and couldn't believe my ears. I'm sure you love it Flathead but it's rubbish and embarrassing to say the least.

Ps I'm not sure what the "ROCK" comment means. Pink floyd are not a rock band like The Who or Led Zeppelin. That's a defining trait. Some call them progressive. But it's not AC/DC.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

They were a rock band, the best there ever was.

Ever hear "Money"? Or "One of These Days"?
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

raisemyrent wrote:Cool. I was trying radio KAOS on Apple Music and couldn't believe my ears. I'm sure you love it Flathead but it's rubbish and embarrassing to say the least.
Uh no, I dislike Radio Kaos. It's just as bad as AMLOR, Pros and Cons, The Final Cut., the awful Rick Wright solo albums, the terrible Gilmour solo albums. I do like TDB, ATD, and chunks TER, and I know I'll like STR.