Roger upsets a whole nation

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger upsets a whole nation

Post by moodyblue »

danielcaux wrote: Too bad Waters and most other artists don't see themselves as your personal court jester.
Pride yourself on sarcasm do you?
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

I'd much rather listen to an artist I hold in high esteem express his worldview (to the risk of disagreeing) than read some random guy telling that said artist should shut the fuck up. If you think that your opinion on how someone should refrain from expressing himself or herself is worth sharing, your logic is skewed.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

mastaflatch wrote:I'd much rather listen to an artist I hold in high esteem express his worldview (to the risk of disagreeing) than read some random guy telling that said artist should shut the fuck up. If you think that your opinion on how someone should refrain from expressing himself or herself is worth sharing, your logic is skewed.
Referring to me by any chance?
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

moodyblue wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:I'd much rather listen to an artist I hold in high esteem express his worldview (to the risk of disagreeing) than read some random guy telling that said artist should shut the fuck up. If you think that your opinion on how someone should refrain from expressing himself or herself is worth sharing, your logic is skewed.
Referring to me by any chance?
Not just you. There's an awful lot of people voicing the same contradictory wishful thinking that their beloved artists live in a political vacuum and exist merely to satisfy their thirst for mindless fun. There's Kiss and Britney for that. Pink Floyd wouldn't be one of the greatest bands of all time if their music wasn't socially and politically conscious.
But I also know that many people calling out Waters for voicing his opinion do so hypocritically because they just don't agree with him. Maybe it's not your case, I have no idea.
Which One Is Which
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Which One Is Which »

He is raving on like an ignored old man with dementia.

Rodger's better days are 20 years behind him.And here he is,still trying to be relevant in the music and political world. :lol:
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Rodger Walter
Davey Gilmore
Necklace Manson
Wreck Right
:shock:
The Stone
Embryo
Embryo

Post by The Stone »

mastaflatch wrote:Rodger Walter
Davey Gilmore
Necklace Manson
Wreck Right
:shock:
:lol:
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Which One Is Which wrote: Rodger's better days are 20 years behind him.
1997?

I'd double it.