1995-1999

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

1995-1999

Post by nosaj »

Just getting the ball rolling. :-;

So, this period includes the last "Pink Floyd" tour and the first Roger Waters tour in a long time. What an interesting turn of events.

Discuss!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1995-1999

Post by Keith Jordan »

Do you think I need to wind the discussion forward? Single years or this range you suggest?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

A whole section, like "post-Division Bell", seems more like it, as I don't think there was much Floyd activity (this is for Floyd specifically, not for solo efforts, right?) after P.U.L.S.E.
And don't forget about those aborted sessions that reportedly came to be. I'm still very much interested in knowing more about them, as will some other people.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Keith Jordan wrote:Do you think I need to wind the discussion forward? Single years or this range you suggest?
I brought this up a long time ago, and you suggested a range that was probably longer. I don't know. Just go forward, I say...but we are getting into a period where ranges of years are starting to make sense.
ultimatefloydian
Axe
Axe

Post by ultimatefloydian »

moom wrote:A whole section, like "post-Division Bell", seems more like it, as I don't think there was much Floyd activity (this is for Floyd specifically, not for solo efforts, right?) after P.U.L.S.E.
And don't forget about those aborted sessions that reportedly came to be. I'm still very much interested in knowing more about them, as will some other people.
Your right as I am very fascinated by this incredibly unknown bit of Floyd history. I'm still incredibly curious about the exact events after The Division Bell in 1994. I mean what happened right after the tour? What was the decision that they ended it there? Because Gilmour himself said that it wasn't supposed to be a goodbye album. Did Gilmour himself call it quits after the album? And I wonder what was the reasoning. I have an extremely extensive knowledge of the band, but I can't seem to remember this. Does anyone have any recollection of any specific event relating to this? Thanks :)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

ultimatefloydian wrote:Did Gilmour himself call it quits after the album?
I'm a huge Floyd-head too, but it was not long ago that I heard about some sessions in years 2000 and 2001, but no further info.
And yes, you're welcome :)