DVD case box with handle? WHY does no-one sell them?!!

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

DVD case box with handle? WHY does no-one sell them?!!

Post by TheFloydian1 »

Okay, I'm actually really fond of Case Logic's jewel case storage boxes. Here's what I'm talking about:

Right now, I have the one above, and they sell 30 CD and 60 CD capacity cases. A lot of companies out there make these types of things, but NO one has made one for DVD cases, yet. Why is that? I'm just so amazed that such a product hasn't been seen on the market, yet (at least by my eyes).

I'm looking for a simple case that can hold at least 15-20 DVDs, while they are in their original cases, and that has a carrying handle. Similar to the CD one above. I've seen a couple of DVD cases that have went out of production, but...they were the only ones I've seen. EVER.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
henno

Re: DVD case box with handle? WHY does no-one sell them?!!

Post by henno »

TheFloydian1 wrote:
Thoughts? Suggestions?
ipod?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Realistically, does anyone carry lots of DVDs around with them like that? I'd have thought that when most people buy DVDs, they plonk them onto a shelf or a DVD rack?
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Ive got shelves overflowing with dvds and still they end up piling over every surface and onto the floor
I could use something like illustrated above to get better organised
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Looks like I will be getting into the manufacturing business...but how long will dvds be around, with downloading, etc.?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

About 5 minutes. Perhaps cases for hard disk storage would be a better bet
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

;)
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

henno wrote:ipod?
For music? I'm not for downloading things, and while I own an equivalent to an iPhone (Zune HD), I don't use its marketplace. I use and rip CDs, still. Also, I like to keep the cases of CDs and Movies. While most keep them on a shelf, I'd like there to be an option to carry the cases nicely, while on travel, or hell, even to just store them nicely in a closet somewhere to somewhat get rid of clutter.

Is it really so much to ask for? Yeah, a HDD can be useful if you just want to rip a movie or music onto it once, and be done with it for a long while, but...I'm talking about the cases here. It's not like you'd throw them away, now, would you (although some might, for who knows what reason)? I'm a bit old fashioned in some ways, forgive me.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I still buy CDs too, but as soon as I buy them I rip them to my PC and put them on my iPhone. Means that I can listen to them at home, on the bus and even in the car thanks to my iPhone 3.5mm headphone cable.

Anyway, back on topic, one option could be to buy a carry case on Amazon or somewhere locally and then put the discs in there with the cover art behind them, either from the DVD case or re-printed from the net.
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

jambo wrote:Anyway, back on topic, one option could be to buy a carry case on Amazon or somewhere locally and then put the discs in there with the cover art behind them, either from the DVD case or re-printed from the net.
Meh, I'd rather keep them in their cases. If you make a case for JUST the discs and covers, why not just go the extra mile and...well, you get the point. Also, you can never trust anybody if you just gave them the disc. It may not happen intentionally, but they could ruin it, if they didn't have a case to put it in (assuming they don't have any empty cases of their own). Re-print the covers? Nah. That would be too much of a hassle.
henno

Post by henno »

TheFloydian1 wrote:
henno wrote:ipod?
For music? I'm not for downloading things, and while I own an equivalent to an iPhone (Zune HD), I don't use its marketplace. I use and rip CDs, still. Also, I like to keep the cases of CDs and Movies. While most keep them on a shelf, I'd like there to be an option to carry the cases nicely, while on travel, or hell, even to just store them nicely in a closet somewhere to somewhat get rid of clutter.

Is it really so much to ask for? Yeah, a HDD can be useful if you just want to rip a movie or music onto it once, and be done with it for a long while, but...I'm talking about the cases here. It's not like you'd throw them away, now, would you (although some might, for who knows what reason)? I'm a bit old fashioned in some ways, forgive me.
i guess then that the market has shown that theres no real demand out there for people who want to carry large bundle of dvds from one area to another....

with an ipod you actually get best of both worlds
1. no need to carry dvd with you
2. your viewing hardware is also provided, no need to find dvd player