tickets on ebay..what a joke

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote:People buy exta tickets, taking good seats away from the fans, then sell them online to same fans who lost those seats.
and
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

and sell them for a price that is higher then the original.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote:and sell them for a price that is higher then the original.
well cover me with eggs & flour and bake me for 14 minutes.......................who the hell would have thought that :lol:
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Well I just got two tickets for the Universal City show on E-bay for $140 per ticket...apparently that was a bargain....
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

What is your seat at?
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Loge19 Row J which is pretty good (and not in the balcony). Except I know these seats were available on TicketMaster for $50 so I'm kicking myself for putting it off. So the scalpers made an almost 200% profit while Dave only gets a portion of the $50...I can't believe that's legal but I don't know if they'll ever figure out a way to fix the system....
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Row 18, almost symmetrical to your seat.

As for the reselling, this is what Gilmour's website is stating:

[quote=DavidGilmour.com]Even for the non-London shows, anyone who is thinking of buying tickets from eBay for any venue from now on should be very wary indeed.

We have also received emails and messages from people asking how to get rid of unwanted tickets without resorting to eBay type sales. In this situation the best option is to return the tickets to the point of sale. We will continue to focus on ticket issues which have raised concerns, so please bear with us[/quote]
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

Freddie Mercury wrote:Loge19 Row J which is pretty good (and not in the balcony). Except I know these seats were available on TicketMaster for $50 so I'm kicking myself for putting it off. So the scalpers made an almost 200% profit while Dave only gets a portion of the $50...I can't believe that's legal but I don't know if they'll ever figure out a way to fix the system....
I got the tickets for $150...They can't be $50...I'm going with Vahan (iwantmypinkfloydnow)...Hope to see you there.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Cool...yeah I'm just over here in Monrovia :) Hoping to move closer soon.

Maybe I did get a good price...I was sure those seats were $50 but maybe they were the ones a little further back...all the seating charts end up being a blur after awhile :)
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

Freddie Mercury wrote:Cool...yeah I'm just over here in Monrovia :) Hoping to move closer soon.

Maybe I did get a good price...I was sure those seats were $50 but maybe they were the ones a little further back...all the seating charts end up being a blur after awhile :)
Wear a DSOTM shirt.......I guess everyone is going to wear a DSOTM shirt :?

I'll hope to see you there. Hmmmm, Monrovia are you or anyone you know a teacher?
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

I'm cleaning and ironing my DSOTM 1973 Tour T-Shirt. It will remain perfect till the concert.
Last edited by iwantmypinkfloydnow on Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote:I'm cleaning and ironing my DSOTM 1979 Tour T-Shirt. It will remain perfect till the concert.
since when does a band tour for an album 6 years after its release?
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

saucerfulofmeddle wrote:
iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote:I'm cleaning and ironing my DSOTM 1979 Tour T-Shirt. It will remain perfect till the concert.
since when does a band tour for an album 6 years after its release?
That's bothering me as well. :-k
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

When a person types without looking at the number pad :D
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Could you imagine if Gilmour had to play to an empty hall, because most of the tickets were sold on ebay?